Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 05:59 AM   #61
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanian View Post
Hi all,
Is there any way of pressing Sony to make this firmware upgrade as it seem to me that they are going to leave us PRS-700 owners out in the cold and concentrating on newer models? I am not happy with this as I bought mine this summer and would realy like to get this dictionary support and not buy a new model.
I would be happy to pay for that, really.

Perhaps Sony could make an offer to 700's owners similar to the epub upgrade for 505's ones.

Regards.
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #62
Ramanian
Ramanian began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Yes I agree with you there... much better to pay for the upgrade rather than not getting it at all. But still no news from Sony.
Ramanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #63
Ramanian
Ramanian began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
just checking.... has anyone heard anything regarding a new firmware for sony prs-700... i would appreciate if someone has any news on that matter... will there be a firmware upgrade or not and if so when is that to be expected. I have looked on the sony side but nothing there so i believe that there will be no change but it cant hurt being positive :-)
Ramanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #64
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SØNY6
Re: New "Firm"ware....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanian View Post
just checking.... has anyone heard anything regarding a new firmware for sony prs-700... i would appreciate if someone has any news on that matter... will there be a firmware upgrade or not and if so when is that to be expected. I have looked on the sony side but nothing there so i believe that there will be no change but it cant hurt being positive :-)
Yes, there is a new firmware for the PRS-700...

Its called, PRS-600

regards,
Server is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #65
anyone
Enthusiast
anyone began at the beginning.

Device: none
So it has been ported to the 700 and is working?
anyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #66
ksri99
ksri99 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700BC
Firmware Upgrade

Yes, and it costs about $250 for the firmware upgrade, Sony makes it more interesting by giving a new hardware as well labelled as PRS-600 to carry the firmware and you get to keep your PRS-700. Amazing deal from Sony isn't it? for the owners of PRS-700, as we shelled out about $400 bucks on that device...

Thanks Sony!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Server View Post
Yes, there is a new firmware for the PRS-700...

Its called, PRS-600

regards,
ksri99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #67
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Bah No firmware.. boooo.

I think I'll refrain from buying Sony Readers until proper unicode is supported. Its 2010, SUPPORT UNICODE.
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi View Post
Bah No firmware.. boooo.

I think I'll refrain from buying Sony Readers until proper unicode is supported. Its 2010, SUPPORT UNICODE.
Don't blame Sony. Blame ADE. Adobe put the font in ADE. But, using ADE, you can embed a unicode font and all will be well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #69
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi View Post
Bah No firmware.. boooo.

It does support Unicode. What it doesn't have built-in is full Unicode fonts. You can, however, embed your own fonts in EPUB and PDF files.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #70
anyone
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksri99 View Post
Yes, and it costs about $250 for the firmware upgrade, Sony makes it more interesting by giving a new hardware as well labelled as PRS-600 to carry the firmware and you get to keep your PRS-700. Amazing deal from Sony isn't it? for the owners of PRS-700, as we shelled out about $400 bucks on that device...

Thanks Sony!!
The PRS-600 has built-in lights too?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #71
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyone View Post
The PRS-600 has built-in lights too?
No other Sony reader has build-in lights other than the PRS-700. It was obviously a sarcastic post, implying that to get the firmware capabilities, like dictionary and scribble notes, of the PRS-600 you had to go out and buy a new PRS-600. (Which has since been replaced by the PRS-650.)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 AM   #72
anyone
Enthusiast

Are there any news on an improved firmware for this device?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #73
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyone View Post
Are there any news on an improved firmware for this device?
No news.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #74
anyone
Enthusiast

Did anyone do anything for the 700 in the meantime?