Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
JA Konrath
Thriller Writer
JA Konrath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Konrath, J.A. - Nine Thriller Novels on Kindle, Five Very Cheap!

Hi Everyone--

For several years, I have believed that ebooks are the future. But it wasn't until Kindle came along that the publishing industry began to agree with me.

On my website, www.JAKonrath.com, I offer six free ebook pdfs, plus one for a 99 cent PayPal donation.

Several people have contacted me asking if I could make my free ebooks Kindle-ready.

I had no idea what that meant, so I asked a Kindle-savvy author, Boyd Morrison www.BoydMorrison.com, and he led me in the right direction. Incidentally, Boyd's books are Michael Crichton type techno-thrillers and are very good, and very inexpensive on Kindle.

My print publisher has already released my Jack Daniels series on Kindle. This series is a about a Chicago Homicide cop named Jacqueline Daniels, and she chases serial killers. It's funny, like Janet Evanovich and Carl Hiaasen, but also filled with scary scenes, like John Sandford, James Patterson, and Thomas Harris.

The series, in order, is:

I also have a horror novel on Kindle for only $1.99, written for another publisher. It's called AFRAID, and it's under my pen name, Jack Kilborn:

After listening to many requests and Boyd's suggestions, I decided to make some of my free ebooks Kindle-ready. So now, for very cheap (less than $1.59 each), I'm also offering these books on Kindle:

ORIGIN is a techno-thriller about a secret US government research facility, where they are studying an ancient and terrifying creature they have captured. What's so interesting and dangerous about it? They believe the creature could be Satan:

PLANTER'S PUNCH is a collection I wrote with fellow mystery author Tom Schreck www.TomSchreck.com. It contains some of my Jack Daniels short stories, and some of Tom's short stories featuring his lead character, social worker/semi-pro boxer Duffy Dombrowski, plus a cross-over short that we wrote together:

I also collected many of my previously published short stories (55 of them) into a gigantic compilation called 55 Proof. The stories range from horror, to comedy, to solve-it-yourself mystery, to thriller, to sci-fi. I've been published a lot of places, in a lot of genres, so this offers something for any type of reader:

I'll be putting more cheap ebooks on the Kindle in the upcoming weeks. While researching the Kindle and studying buying habits, I've noticed that cheaper books seem to sell in greater numbers (no duh.) So I'm going to keep the prices low, and also try to get something on Kindle for free.

Since I'm new to this, I ask for your patience and your help. If you find any formatting errors, typos, or glitches (Kindle is not easy to format for, and the converter they use is less than ideal) please shoot me a message or email, and I'll fix them and update the edition.

Thanks, Everyone!
JA Konrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead, and good for you for making these books more easily available in bits! Is there any chance you could provide a DRM-free format -- ePub is probably the very best choice, but Mobipocket w/o DRM would be fine, too -- via your Website that isn't PDF? Those of us who use readers other than the Kindle would really appreciate it!

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Thriller novels are right up my alley! I will be checking them out. Thanks!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Thanks for posting this.

I'm really getting into the short story genre so I purchased 55 Proof

- edit And Origins.

Last edited by Sporadic; 04-10-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:15 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you for offering your books. I had fun with the audio section but found that I like the voices that I invent for the characters (in my head) myself. <Did that make sense?>

I have a Sony and don't play with conversion yet so, I will have to read it on my laptop for the best "feel".

Just ask if you would like help in converting to other formats... There are lots of very, very helpful and experienced members here who would probably jump up to help. (hint, hint, epub is nice.)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Would it be possible to have these eBooks in ePub, Mobipocket, or MS Reader? PDF will not give a good reading experience on my 505 unless the PDF was made specifically for a 6" screen. I would definitely buy them if they were in one of the above mentioned formats. But I cannot in good conscience purchase PDF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #7
All4Fun
Zealot
All4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Blackberry Bold
I just purchased "55 Proof" and, considering that it's a compilation of stories, it's very difficult to navigate from story to story without a Table of Contents. All books should have a TOC but it's even more critical for a compilation like "55 Proof".

It's too late for me but hopefully it can get fixed.

P.S. Also purchased Origins, Afraid, and Whiskey Sour and am looking forward to reading these titles.

Last edited by All4Fun; 04-18-2009 at 02:45 PM.
All4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote