Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
macgirl
geeky girl
macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone 3GS, former Kindle owner
Smile Amazon Kindle - like new, $310 shipped

I purchased this Kindle new directly from Amazon in April. I’ve used it fairly regularly, but I’m just not “in love” with it enough to justify the price despite the convenience it offers. Additionally, I’ve been buying eReader books for several years and they just released an app so I can read my eReader books on my iPhoone, so that will be my ebook reading device from now on.

The Kindle is in like-new condition with no marks or visible wear. It comes with all original accessories (cover, USB cable, power adapter) and the original box and documents. It has be de-registered and all content has been removed from it.

See Amazon’s product page for full features here: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons.../dp/B000FI73MA

Amazon charges $359 for a new one. I’m asking $310 shipped (in the U.S. - contact me if you are outside of the U.S. with your postal code for a quote). I have 100% positive feedback on eBay (my user ID there is mneckles) and on Heatware (my user ID there is r6girl). I know I'm fairly new to this forum - I've been on macrumors.com for several years (as r6girl) and I'm a mod over at everythingicafe.com (macgirl) if you want other online reference points.

I take payment via PayPal only to CONFIRMED addresses, with preference for those who can pay straight from a bank account instead of with a credit card so that my fees are less.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Pics are attached - if you want the full-resolution pics, just PM me with your email address. If you want to email me directly, you can do so at marianne at macgirl dot net.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon Kindle - 4.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	14315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon Kindle - 2.jpg
Views:	781
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	14316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon Kindle - 1.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	14317  
Old 07-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirl View Post
I purchased this Kindle new directly from Amazon in April. I’ve used it fairly regularly, but I’m just not “in love” with it enough to justify the price despite the convenience it offers. Additionally, I’ve been buying eReader books for several years and they just released an app so I can read my eReader books on my iPhoone, so that will be my ebook reading device from now on.

The Kindle is in like-new condition with no marks or visible wear. It comes with all original accessories (cover, USB cable, power adapter) and the original box and documents. It has be de-registered and all content has been removed from it.

See Amazon’s product page for full features here: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons.../dp/B000FI73MA

Amazon charges $359 for a new one. I’m asking $310 shipped (in the U.S. - contact me if you are outside of the U.S. with your postal code for a quote). I have 100% positive feedback on eBay (my user ID there is mneckles) and on Heatware (my user ID there is r6girl). I know I'm fairly new to this forum - I've been on macrumors.com for several years (as r6girl) and I'm a mod over at everythingicafe.com (macgirl) if you want other online reference points.

I take payment via PayPal only to CONFIRMED addresses, with preference for those who can pay straight from a bank account instead of with a credit card so that my fees are less.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Pics are attached - if you want the full-resolution pics, just PM me with your email address. If you want to email me directly, you can do so at marianne at macgirl dot net.
I'd be more than willing to purchase it at that price. Send me a PM and we'll discuss specifics.
Advert
Old 07-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I'd be more than willing to purchase it at that price. Send me a PM and we'll discuss specifics.
KINDLE LADY!!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
KINDLE LADY!!!!
You called??
Old 07-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
KINDLE LADY!!!!
i believe the expression is "crazy kindle lady".
Advert
Old 07-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're a hit~!

My granddaughter is here and she saw your armadillo.......she was fascinated by the moving eyes but wanted to know if it was a boy armadillo or a girl armadillo??
Well????
Old 07-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i believe the expression is "crazy kindle lady".
Or, more properly the "crazy kindle cat lady."

Quote:
My granddaughter is here and she saw your armadillo.......she was fascinated by the moving eyes but wanted to know if it was a boy armadillo or a girl armadillo??
Well????
Well, it's my avatar. I even animated it myself and colored it myself (although I did not do the original line drawing). And, since it represents me, and I'm a girl, then it must be a girl armadillo. With nice long girl armadillo eyelashes.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Or, more properly the "crazy kindle cat lady."

Well, it's my avatar. I even animated it myself and colored it myself (although I did not do the original line drawing). And, since it represents me, and I'm a girl, then it must be a girl armadillo. With nice long girl armadillo eyelashes.
Thank you......you made her so happy that its a 'girl'.........
Old 07-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Well????
With eye lashes like that, how could you even ask?

BOb
Old 07-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
macgirl,

As much as I want RickyMaveety to purchase your Kindle, have you spent some quality time reading on your iPhone? Are you sure, really sure, you want it as you main eBook reader? I'd hate for you to have seller's remorse.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:15 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

eyelashes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
With eye lashes like that, how could you even ask?

BOb
Well, in my defense, I"ve known men with long curly eyelashes.....sometimes nature is NOT fair....
Old 07-13-2008, 10:30 PM   #12
macgirl
geeky girl
macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
PM sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
macgirl,

As much as I want RickyMaveety to purchase your Kindle, have you spent some quality time reading on your iPhone? Are you sure, really sure, you want it as you main eBook reader? I'd hate for you to have seller's remorse.
Thanks for your concern. I haven't spent a great deal of time reading on my iPhone yet, but I have been reading on back-lit LCD screens for years (most recently a Tungsten T5, and a Tapwave Zodiac and various Sony Clie's before that). I understand this can cause eyestrain, but I do value the ability to read in the dark without a lamp on. And I've learned to adjust the brightness level so it's not like staring into a flashlight. Well, at least not a very bright flashlight.

It won't be ideal, but it will be more convenient for me since I carry my iPhone with me everywhere already. And I really couldn't justify a $400 device (I bought mine before the price reduction ) just for reading after all...
Old 07-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #13
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
If Ricky backs out, may I have second dibs?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:52 AM   #14
macgirl
geeky girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Absolutely!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirl View Post
Absolutely!
Like I've ever backed out of anything .... snicker.

No, this Kindle is going on more or less permanent loan to my dear friend and neighbor Mrs. Moon. Today is her birthday.

Her family will likely get her a Kindle for Christmas, but I want her to have one before then .... so this is perfect.
Closed Thread