Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Minion
Minion began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Exclamation eInk Side "Stuck"

In a bit of a sticky situation.

Playing around with my PE yesterday and for some reason half of the eInk side is "stuck" and does not change/refresh. At first it was stuck on the last thing on the screen, then it went to a scrambled screen and after a reset it's completely black.

The other half of the screen works perfectly, it's just the top half that is messed up.

Has anybody experience this before? Ways of fixing it? Defective unit? Thanks!
Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Sounds similar to this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150609.

I don't recall anyone having this particular problem before now. What's going on??

Good luck!

Edit: I just saw a post from DianNC who said when she(?) put an SD card in half the eink screen went black. Do you have a microSD card installed?? Just a chance, but you might try removing it.

Last edited by Filark; 09-23-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
Minion

This morning I turned the PE on and the eInk screen refreshed and went back to normal. Then at lunch, I pulled it out of my bag and went to wake it from hibernation and the screen froze. So I shut it down. Now I'm home, took out the SD card, turned it on and the eInk screen is still screwed up.

Edit1: Now I turned it back off and it's back to normal (Shows the "PE is Off" screen). Turned it on, and now it's messed up, then it shows Initializing and it's fine. On the login screen, and the eInk is back to working.

Very strange behavior...

Edit2: Closed the PE, came back to it about 10 minutes later. Loaded a book, closed the book and the screen is frozen again... So I don't think it's the SD card. :/

Last edited by Minion; 09-23-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Darn!

It almost makes it worse that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I couldn't discern a pattern from what you said, can you??

Anybody else have any ideas?
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
The problem might be caused by a loose cable connection to the e-ink screen.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
The problem might be caused by a loose cable connection to the e-ink screen.
Hmmm...FANTASTIC!

Any guides on how to take apart the PE?

(In the meanwhile I emailed Woot's Support Team. They work Mon-Fri so we'll see what they say.)
Old 09-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minion View Post
Hmmm...FANTASTIC!

Any guides on how to take apart the PE?

(In the meanwhile I emailed Woot's Support Team. They work Mon-Fri so we'll see what they say.)
This is the closest thing. It includes pictures.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...es+pocket+edge
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #8
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Hopefully you can get things sorted out with Woot.

However, one man's pain can be another man's pleasure. Which brings up another possible forum thread. Perhaps the eDGe Recycled Parts thread. Where owners whose devices have unfortunately met their demise could sell the device for spare parts (battery, stylus, tablet, e-ink etc.). I'm not saying this in your case but just as a general thought.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-25-2011 at 12:26 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote