Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
mikeb14
mikeb14 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Nook Color Screen Flicker on Night Mode?

My mom and I both got nook colors for christmas. With both of them the screen flicker on the night mode was terrible. I brought them back today and exchanged for two new ones. My new one had screen flicker again not nearly as bad though...but still annoying...havent checked hers yet.

My dad also got a nook color, his touchscreen was so messed up that when you would click one letter, 5 would go in.

He exchanged his ad got a new one but hasnt checked it yet.

What is going on with these problems? especially the night mode. I will be reading mostly on that mode and the flicker drives me crazy. IS there anyway to fix this or will i have to exchange for another one again? This is really annoying
mikeb14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Yeah, others have mentioned that. It appears there are some bad batches out there. Keep exchanging it until it's satisfactory. The fact that not everyone has these issues means it shouldn't be tolerated in hopes that it goes away.

Someone on the forum mentioned that some people are more sensitive to LCD flickering than others. Regardless, if it's not working for you then exchange it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
lucasp
lucasp began at the beginning.

Device: none
I was very psyched to get my NC. My wife ordered one from the website and on Christmas, I plugged it in and immediately observed the flicking issue. I waited for it to fully charge, detached it from the wall and once again observed flickering, especially when viewing dark/gray screens.

I tinkered with the brightness, and had the same experience to some degree or another on dark and light screens alike.

I went to the B&N nearby, and the friendly staff quickly exchanged the device. Since I didn't want to have to come back again, I took a seat in the cafe and started charging the new device.

Lo' and behold, this device also had a flicker. It wasn't as terrible as the original, but it was noticeable.

I didn't really have time to keep swapping devices until I found one without a defect, so I returned it for a full refund.

B&N should take particular note of this issue. It is obviously not isolated. I had the same defect in two different devices, one from the website and one in a brick & mortar location.

Last edited by lucasp; 12-27-2010 at 03:59 PM.
lucasp is offline   Reply With Quote