Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
Funseeker
Funseeker began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
PRS-300 Install Problems

Looking through your various posts, it would appear that no-one can assist with the problems that thousands of people are having trying to get their PRS-300 Pocket E-Readers to work.
Sony cannot help; all knowledgeable staff are on annual leave until the 2nd week of January The caretaker/janitor comes in and switches the servers on in the morning and switches them off again at night! (Which is why you get the errors when trying to download the install program)
Put a problem message on the Sony Support site and just received an automated reply thanks for nothing Sony!
I am considered reasonably proficient on I.T. I am the webmaster for 14 websites using php, asp, and the like, belonging to fairly big companies and produce high end photographic and video work, using PC's and Mac's; in a word, I am not a novice!
So, maybe someone can prove me wrong but, I am very skeptical!
This is now my 3rd day of trying to get the Sony Pocket EReader PRS-300 to work.
Here are the problems:
1. The online install program does not work. Having waited an hour the program then crashes. (It reports that it will take 8-10 to hours to download)
2. Went on to the Waterstone's site and downloaded a cheapo book to see if that would work; it downloaded it and it took my money.
3. Went on to: http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/ and downloaded the program separately and then installed it. I've now got a copy of the reader Library installed on my PC and it appears in my Purchased Folder and in the Library Folder and the Books Folder.
4. Trying to move the book I purchased from the Library and the Purchased Folder to the Reader, I get an error message saying that I cannot do that because I am not authorized to transfer to the Reader because it is presumably registered to someone else!
5. Saw something about "Synchronizing the folders" Tried that; BIG MISTAKE!
6. Now, if I try to access the Library it states another error message in that "The computer is not authorized to preview this eBook.

I think Waterstone's is open tomorrow; so back it goes for a refund!

Unless, by some miracle, someone on this site knows what is going wrong.

I await your replies with intrepidation!

Funseeker
Funseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, funseeker.

You might want to copy and re-post this thread in the Sony forum...........perhaps those who have had theirs for a while could help.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=176

Sorry for your (and all the others) problems with your new device. It shouldn't be like that.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Funseeker and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote