Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Kindle Fire 2 ($129) & Fire HD ($159/$179) on Sale

And the "clearance" sales continue with 7" Kindle Fires on the table this week. Best Buy, Office Depot*, OfficeMax*, and Staples are offering $30 discounts on the 8GB Fire 2 ($129) and $40 discounts on the 16GB Fire HD ($159) and 32GB Fire HD ($189).

* (these two stores may or may not have all three offers)

Keep in mind that Staples is also offering the 16GB Nexus 7 for $149 and the 32GB Nexus 7 for $169, but this offer expires today (14 Jul).

Additionally, the Nook HDs are on clearance at multiple stores for $129 ~ $179.

With next generation tablets just around the corner, great deals will abound until current gen stock is depleted. The question is, do you jump now for a sure thing? wait for a lower price and run the risk that the one you want is no longer available? or do you wait and get the next gen device?

Edit: Amazon Local has a voucher for 50% off Kindle Fire accessories - claim by 20 Jul

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-15-2013 at 12:41 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The question is, do you jump now for a sure thing? wait for a lower price and run the risk that the one you want is no longer available? or do you wait and get the next gen device?
This is the question I keep asking myself. The tablet I gave my father is on its last legs, but it's hard to decide if I should pick up one of these sale items for him or wait to see what the next versions will be. So many decisions, so many choices
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
This is the question I keep asking myself. The tablet I gave my father is on its last legs, but it's hard to decide if I should pick up one of these sale items for him or wait to see what the next versions will be. So many decisions, so many choices
I approach decisions about family members this way. For the most part, they're not tech savvy and would be more than happy with current and previous gen devices.

If you want to give him a new Fire, they have the added bonus of 50% off for accessories right now. See OP for the link.

Or, give him your Fire HD and you get the next gen Fire.

Decisions, decisions...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote