Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #46
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
That clearly shows us a better resolution
You could try to resize the font to get the same paragraphs and then post the font size if that information is available or post the picture with the same paragraphs ... we can then compare side by side.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #47
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
That clearly shows us a better resolution
You could try to resize the font to get the same paragraphs and then post the font size if that information is available or post the picture with the same paragraphs ... we can then compare side by side.
Really? You can tell that from a picture where you can't read a single word, and it looks like a letter is about 5 pixels high? I'm quite prepared to believe the PB does have better readability, but not on the basis of that picture.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #48
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Simple logic tells me that if on the vertical (the vertical dimension of a 9.7" screen) you can cram more text lines in the same space you either use a smaller font size or higher number of dpi. Am I wrong?

I am ssuming here that reflow is out of the ecuation and the line has the same width for both
Old 02-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #49
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Simple logic tells me that if on the vertical (the vertical dimension of a 9.7" screen) you can cram more text lines in the same space you either use a smaller font size or higher number of dpi. Am I wrong?

I am ssuming here that reflow is out of the ecuation and the line has the same width for both
http://www.emdpi.com/fontsize.html

Those who can actually wrap their head around this, have my sympathy,
and admiration.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #50
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
http://www.emdpi.com/fontsize.html

Those who can actually wrap their head around this, have my sympathy,
and admiration.

Luck;
Ken
That is a good link and it went straight to my bookmarks
However in that light my post might eventually require a correction in terms not the correction of my idea.
That unless you are implying that one of the systems is Windows and the other one is Unix. The article says that "Windows does so and so..."

My point is that however you measure the font size and the screen resolution as long as you have more of the same text in the same space there seems to be a better resolution for PB.

The article might suggest that the font geometry might also have a word to say in this but I suspect that Arial is Arial in both worlds (same geometry ans size)
Old 02-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #51
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I just received the UPS tracking number for my jetBook Color. I will get it on Monday!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #52
netboy
Enthusiast
netboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watch

Device: prs-505, prs-950, irex dr800sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I just received the UPS tracking number for my jetBook Color. I will get it on Monday!

When did you pre-order. im still waiting on mine. Ordered jan 5th
netboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #53
LeftyRight
LeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 4 NT
LuBiB for replying so promptly to my questions.

Your information allows other people, such as myself, to see if this device meets their needs.

All the answers you give are very much appreciated.

cheers

LeftyRight
LeftyRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #54
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by netboy View Post
When did you pre-order. im still waiting on mine. Ordered jan 5th
December 29
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #55
IbnSaeed
IbnSaeed began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does it have Arabic Text support ?
IbnSaeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #56
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Annotation

I found the video where inking was demonstrated for the same device under the Hanvon brand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQTWHuO4tLc
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #57
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
I found the video where inking was demonstrated for the same device under the Hanvon brand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQTWHuO4tLc
Yeah, I'm hoping the firmware updates to come make it more like the Hanvon than what we've got at the moment.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #58
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Annotation

When are these Firmware updates expected?

The funny thing is that these are supposed to be the same devices and this software was available at the time of CES 2011 and still in 2012 Ectaco has not icluded this feature.

Last edited by por; 02-05-2012 at 07:28 AM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #59
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
@andyh2000: Can you please make screenshots on your JBC. Maybe we can deduce the resolution from them. Here are mine on PB912:

Smallest zoom level:
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0002.png
Views:	585
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	82169

The next zoom level:
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0003.png
Views:	537
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	82170

My cam can't focus on these little characters, so I just scanned my device (scanning ePaper ):

Smallest zoom level:

The next zoom level:

Whole huge scans:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-...anned.zip.html

Last edited by Backi; 02-05-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #60
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Thank you for going to all that trouble showing us how my book looks.
With this and how the comics look in andyh2000's thread, I think I'll have to order me a jetbook color.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, jetbook color, jetbook color review