Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 06:51 AM   #46
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate0072 View Post
When I finally receive my 505, I'm going to invest in some nice earplugs to block out any sound that interrupts my reading pleasure.
I use noise-cancelling headphones even when I'm not listening to music or audiobooks. I just plug the jack into the port on the Reader so it's not dangling or getting tangled on things. I also find that people are less likely to bother/interrupt someone using headphones than someone who is "just" reading.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #47
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
The "book Armour" with out a doubt. Followed closely by "the book seat" which the 505 fits into perfectly. A perfect combination
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #48
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
The "book Armour" with out a doubt. Followed closely by "the book seat" which the 505 fits into perfectly. A perfect combination
Found 'The Book Seat' but couldn't find 'Book Armour'. Link please?
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #49
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
Found 'The Book Seat' but couldn't find 'Book Armour'. Link please?
It's an American company, so they use the American spelling, and it's all one word, no spaces, "BookArmor."
http://www.ecaddycase.com/
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #50
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Thanks for sharing the link to that book Armor. That is definitely something I might consider. I'm hesitant to put the reader in my purse for fear of all the other things that are in there. This might solve my problem!

And the book seat looked cool too. I had seen a similar one called the Peeramid Bookrest back when I was looking for something to use for paperback books. I think I'll hold off on that one for now.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #51
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Hi Astra, what do you mean with "3. Tin box for dvd cases" ?
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #52
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
She probably uses the tin storage case to hold her reader. If you look close, the 505 and a DVD case are almost identical in dimmensions.

My 505 is in a netbook pouch secured between thick styrofoam and an empty DVD case.

Oh yeah - topic of the thread:

My best accessory to my PRS-505 is my PRS-700. =D

Lightwedge is a close second. ..
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #53
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
Hi Astra, what do you mean with "3. Tin box for dvd cases" ?
http://www.rivierapublishing.co.uk/a...g/CD_Tins.html

Code:
DVD TIN (To hold a DVD case) 
 Item No: 011-0025
DVD TIN (To hold a DVD case)
195mm X 140mm X 15mm (no inner)

Price per case = 89p 
  £0.89 (Excluding: VAT at 15%)
It was a lot cheaper when I bought it many months ago. I paid £0.79 (Excluding: VAT at 15%)
Here is a link to pics (Russian forum, don't pay attention, just look at pics )
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=202593#202593
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #54
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
She probably uses the tin storage case to hold her reader.
Corrected:
He probably uses the tin storage case to hold his reader.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #55
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
My best accessory is free time to read the books. Unfortunately, this is a rarity in my life right now.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #56
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Thanks for your answer(s) !
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #57
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
Hello there, a little self advertising. Have you seen this free DIY bookchair?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...556#post141556
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #58
Thorius
Thorius began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
My best accessory is my portable charger from BILTEMA (in Finland). Delivers 5V and 4200mAh. Really great when on the move
Thorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:29 PM   #59
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
I have a Sony 505 and hang on to it for dear life, I'm so worried one of the grandkids or even my husband will bump me and I will drop it. Where can I buy a wrist strap? I've never even seen one but a number of you mention it.

My best accessory has to be the light, here in Costa Rica we lose our electricity often so the light allows me to read while in the dark.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #60
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsheilah View Post
I have a Sony 505 and hang on to it for dear life, I'm so worried one of the grandkids or even my husband will bump me and I will drop it. Where can I buy a wrist strap? I've never even seen one but a number of you mention it.

My best accessory has to be the light, here in Costa Rica we lose our electricity often so the light allows me to read while in the dark.
I'd go to an electronics or camera store and look for a camera strap. That should work.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote