Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
yeddish
yeddish began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight & Nexus 7
Instant Speed Reading Android App

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seemed like the closest fit. If it's not, I'll gladly move it or remove it altogether.

I have a new app that I've released for speed reading. It takes a different approach than I've seen used on any other app. It forces your eyes to track down the page focusing on 2 points per line of text at an increasing speed. This gets your eyes moving in the way that they need to be for speed reading. Once they've picked up speed, your brain tends to catch up pretty quickly (since it basically has no choice .

A long time ago, I found a small flash application that used this technique and it worked amazingly well for me. I've since been unable to find it again or anything else that works in a similar way.

Experienced speed readers may have already progressed past this technique already, but I've seen that this is quickest way to increase reading speed for novices and beginners.

Since I've read other posts in the forum about speed reading that had a decent amount of discussion around them, I thought that some people here might be willing to try it out and give me some feedback.

Right now, the app price is 0.99, but I plan to raise it to 4.99 in a month or so.

The Play Store link is https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntspeedreading

Thanks.
-Joel
yeddish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
bobinatcat
bobinatcat is a glorious beacon of lightbobinatcat is a glorious beacon of lightbobinatcat is a glorious beacon of lightbobinatcat is a glorious beacon of lightbobinatcat is a glorious beacon of lightbobinatcat is a glorious beacon of lightbobinatcat is a glorious beacon of lightbobinatcat is a glorious beacon of lightbobinatcat is a glorious beacon of lightbobinatcat is a glorious beacon of lightbobinatcat is a glorious beacon of light

Device: PSR-T2
Maybe consider leaving it as free for a two week period to get some feedback and momentum on download tally?
bobinatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #3
yeddish

bobinatcat,
I like that idea, but when I tried to do it, Google Play won't let me change the app to free then back to paid. They say it's so people won't skew download numbers. I guess that makes sense...
I can email the .apk to anyone who wants it here on the board if they promise to give me some feedback on it, though!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #4
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeddish View Post
bobinatcat,
I like that idea, but when I tried to do it, Google Play won't let me change the app to free then back to paid. They say it's so people won't skew download numbers. I guess that makes sense...
I can email the .apk to anyone who wants it here on the board if they promise to give me some feedback on it, though!
Sounds interesting.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
yeddish

Froido and bobinatcat,
I sent you both APKs of the app. Let me know what you think. You'll have to allow apps from other sources within the Settings page on your Android device before you can install it from an APK file.
Thanks!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #6
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
yeddish,

I'd like to give it a try! Please send me a copy of your APK.

Thanks,
Eric
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
yeddish

ebsebs,
Sent. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead.

We would like to remind you, however, about our posting guidelines for self-promotion, located as a sticky in this forum.

If you have not yet done so, please take the time now to become familiar with them.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #9
yeddish

Thanks for the welcome, Dr. Drib.

Tags
android, app, speed reading