Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
gertblij
Enthusiast
gertblij has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Two folders for each book???

I had to re-install Windows 7 Home Premium. Then re-installed Calibre 64 bit. Pointed it to the restored Calibre folder.

In Calibre, I saw all the books, but no covers and no previews. Calibre did not see them at all.

I removed all books and "imported" them using Add Books. Within Calibre it all looks good now, but I noticed the in the Calibre folder there are now two folders for each book, one called "BookName" and the other "BookName(####)" (four digits).

Any suggestions how to clean this up?

TIA
Gert
gertblij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This is a calibre question, and does not belong in the General Discussion forum.

Since we have a calibre forum, this thread has now been moved to that forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I bet that you used google drive at some point in this process. Google drive destroys calibre libraries by changing file names, removing the calibre ID that calibre puts into the book title. If your library is in google drive, get it out of it.

At this point the best way to fix things is to use calibre's library check. Click the arrow next to the library icon, go to Library Maintenance, and select Check Library. When it asks you if you want to check if the library matches the file system, choose Yes. You will see a dialog showing all the inconsistencies in the library. The books without the #### should show up as invalid titles. Check the boxes next to them and press Delete Marked.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
gertblij
Enthusiast
gertblij has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks. That did it :-)
gertblij is offline   Reply With Quote