Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
jyl
Enthusiast
jyl began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK, JE200
Comics on Nook Classic? :)

Is it possible to view comics/mangas in nook classic? if so, how?

thank you!
jyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I used Calibre to convert a comic just to see what it looked like, but it had very small font. Mind you I think I did it in epub, it might be better in pdf. I still think it will be way too hard to read. I use my laptop still if I want to read any GNs.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 04:02 AM   #3
roger_15
Enthusiast
roger_15 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 3G/NookColor
You can download a sample and see how it looks. My son wanted me to try it
and it wasn't too bad. However, I think each one is going to be different due
to many different techniques and qualities.

One other thing, it wouldn't let me use 3g to download. I had to switch to Wi-Fi,
they are big.
roger_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
TrvlrsChick
Enthusiast
TrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook STR
My husband figured out how to put manga on my nook classic. It's small, but I can read it. Then again, I like using the extra small font. I'll ask him how to do it when he gets home.
TrvlrsChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
Here you go, this is how a comic looks on the Nook:

I convert my comics with Calibre. I use the CLI in Linux to convert from CBZ to EPUB, like this:

ebook-convert The-Walking-Dead-70.cbr twd70.epub --no-default-epub-cover

This perfectly converts the file by trimming a little bit of the edges so that the resulting EPUB file will be better readable on the Nook Classic. I read the whole ”The Walking Dead” series on the Nook without a problem.
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
Comic Nooks
Comic Nooks began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
http://www.comicnooks.com/Home.html

Check out the above link to download Modern Comics, Graphic Novels and Golden Age Classics onto the Nook Color!
Comic Nooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:11 AM   #7
Janet16
Enthusiast
Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Well, think you can get some tools from this list to do you a favor: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_conversion
Janet16 is offline   Reply With Quote