Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
leo315
leo315 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Kindle for PC - ebook download doesn't work

I just downloaded and installed Kindle for PC Version 1.2.1.

Basically it does recognize all books I have in my Amazon accounts (Archived Items).

Yet when opening/downloading the download fails and it tell to remove and re-download the book.

Are there any specific URLs or port to be opened at a firewall?
leo315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
You say 'accounts' - Kindle4PC can only synchronise to one account at a time. Otherwise it might be something on the port side and I'm sure someone more technical than me will step in.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
What OS are you using. Microsoft Firewall settings have to be set to allow the download.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
leo315
leo315 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
It is Windows XP Pro SP3. Yes I meant Amazon account.
Kindle for PC shows all archived books.
When double clicking in the Archived Items, it tries to download and open the book.
And quits with "The book could not be opened. Please remove the book from your device and redownload it."
Removing and redownload gets to the same message and doesn't work.

Windows firewall is off and Kindle for PC is added Exception.

And yes I am behind the companies firewall. What needs to be opened , which URL and port allowed on the companies firewall?
leo315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
giffnyc
giffnyc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I don't know if you tried this already, but this worked for me - I was having similar problems and thinking it was some network error. Turned out that the registration data had become corrupted somehow on my PC. Without good registration data, Amazon let me view the books in my archive, but wouldn't download them.

Deregister and re-register from the K4PC software - you don't need to go to your Amazon account via the web.
giffnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 03:18 AM   #6
mptpro
mptpro began at the beginning.

Device: PC, Android
I have the same problem.

WIn7, 64 bit

any ideas?
mptpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #7
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
This does usually mean (as giffnyc points out) that maybe the K4PC is not registered to the same account with which you bought the book? This will cause exactly that error.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #8
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
what browser are you using to link to amazon when downloading? i might be extremely wrong, and if i am then i apologize for my ignorance in all matters K4PC, but i was told only internet explorer can open K4PC so you can download a book you purchase.
i admit i haven't tried any other browsers to do this although i only use IE for books for my kindle.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:14 AM   #9
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
I'm glad to say you were told wrongly, TenaciousBadger. I use Firefox, and have no problems downloading from Amazon to K4PC.

- Donna
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #10
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSmillie View Post
I'm glad to say you were told wrongly, TenaciousBadger. I use Firefox, and have no problems downloading from Amazon to K4PC.

- Donna
i stand corrected then
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote