Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
A Bit Light (a Marville story) by Kenny A. Chaffin

Quote:
It started like any other day -- with the purchase of a thousand hits of windowpane. The idea of course was to make some quick cash; buy low, sell high. I even got my straight-laced roommate to kick in $100 with the possibility of doubling his money. Windowpane was a bit unusual in those days of blotter and orange sunshine but hey, you knew it was pure, you could see right through it. Tiny transparent triangles a couple of millimeters across – easy to drop, lose, etc. so being a brainy college student on a scholarship I got out the ol’ scotch tape and stuck each l’il transparent triangle to the tape about half an inch apart and topped ‘em off with another strip of scotch tape. Easy to slice and dice into whatever quantities the buyer might desire. The idea was to just pop the tape-covered windowpane in your mouth and chew it up, let it dissolve and climb aboard the magical mystery tour.
Just published....

This is a story of the 60's (well actually early 70's) and a small-town boy gone big time and the results it brings. This is the first of a collection of stories based in/on the mythical town of Marville, Oklahoma population 5280, the characters and times and troubles that exist there as a small rural southern town in a large and changing country in the late 20th and early 21st century. I hope you enjoy it. More to come.

Available at:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z3RZ8K

and free for checkout from the Kindle Owners Lending Library.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
It's a wild ride of a story. Recommended for those of us who actually remember the Woodstock era.

Very enjoyable, Kenny.

(Not that I know anything about that time period. Or course not. )
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
It's a wild ride of a story. Recommended for those of us who actually remember the Woodstock era.

Very enjoyable, Kenny.

(Not that I know anything about that time period. Or course not. )
Wait, was this about the 60's?

Thx Betty! Glad you liked it!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
kennyc

My short story "A Bit Light" is available for free download on Amazon today 12/6/12 and tomorrow 12/7/12. It is one of a collection of stories I have in the works eventually intended to be brought together into a collection of stories set in the mythical town of Marville. It is the story of a drug deal gone surreal.

A Bit Light (A Marville short story): Kenny A. Chaffin: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

It is also available at other times for free check-out from the Kindle Owners lending library.

Thanks and Enjoy!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:16 AM   #5
kennyc

This story is free today as part of my Solstice give-away.

http://www.amazon.com/Light-Marville.../dp/B007SQ9JYC

Enjoy!

And do let me know what you think.