Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #46
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyenneDonna View Post
It looks like the Eee Note won't be released in the US based on this Facebook post http://www.facebook.com/asus.n.ameri...50331478897178
Although, the wording of the post leaves the idea of a different generation or model hanging.
This sounds like an interesting device! I'm gonna hafta learn more about it.

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #47
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Is the EA-800 an Android device? I'd be reticent to buy something that is too proprietary.
Here's the ASUS link: http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Note/Eee_Note_EA800/
I'm also really sold on how my PE folds, protecting the screens. I hope when I buy my next tablet, it has an effective mechanism like that.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #48
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
I bought a Boogie Board (couldn't resist) and it came today. Now I understand why they didn't worry about figuring out a copy feature. How often do you make copies of your scratchpad scribblings? We're talking grey writing on black background, with little artistic potential.

Still, there is something cute as heck about the thing, and I'm not returning mine. It is ideal for what I have in mind -- an endless supply of scrap paper for calculating, while I try to raise my math skills back up to where I think they should be. And no evidence left behind!
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #49
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
Is the EA-800 an Android device?
No, it runs on linux, so it's very hackable. The guys at Tablet PC review forum have been working hard on it.

I like the dual screens and closing too. I never worry when traveling with the edge about the screens.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #50
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneven1 View Post
Still, there is something cute as heck about the thing, and I'm not returning mine.
Most people seem to like it, as long as they only wanted it to replace scrap paper. It's a little cooler than a whiteboard, and I haven't heard any complaints about how it functions. (Just about the lack of functions.)
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #51
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
It would be nice if it were possible to download the current scratchpad scribbles as a jpeg (or png or gif) to a PC. USB would be nice. Bluetooth would be better.

Better yet, if something inexpensive like this could accept an upload from a PC it would be a cool accessory for presentations. Something like what was suggested: HERE

Last edited by ken_jennings; 06-17-2011 at 10:22 AM.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #52
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
This looks pretty cool. Running linux, and it has a wacom pen.

I would just need an appropriate android tablet and a roll of duct tape to simulate the other half of the edge.

Is there anyplace in the US selling this?

Last edited by ken_jennings; 06-17-2011 at 10:08 AM.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #53
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_jennings View Post
This looks pretty cool... Is there anyplace in the US selling this?
If you mean the ASUS Note, I'm pretty sure not. But rather than go through pchome I'd buy from one of the eBay vendors in Taiwan. They have good reputations among eBay buyers as indicated by their feedback numbers.

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #54
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_ed View Post
If you mean the ASUS Note, I'm pretty sure not. But rather than go through pchome I'd buy from one of the eBay vendors in Taiwan. They have good reputations among eBay buyers as indicated by their feedback numbers.

-- Ed
If the Eee Note, no they have no plans to release it outside of Taiwan and Italy. I'm not finding any spectacular deals on eBay (been watching for a while), though. PC Home is actually the cheaper option, and that's where a lot of people have received theirs from, no complaints. (Someone mentioned 6 days shipping to the west coast of Canada.)
Old 06-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #55
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Well, the Onyx Boox M series is beginning to come in and get reviewed by MobileRead users: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...127120&page=19. A quick Google search didn't find any current "official" reviews, although it did find Sarah's thread in Tablet PC Review http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus...-boox-m90.html, which is interesting.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #56
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
If the Eee Note, no they have no plans to release it outside of Taiwan and Italy. I'm not finding any spectacular deals on eBay (been watching for a while), though. PC Home is actually the cheaper option, and that's where a lot of people have received theirs from, no complaints. (Someone mentioned 6 days shipping to the west coast of Canada.)
Sarah beware of dr 900 trust me
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #57
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
Sarah beware of dr 900 trust me
I hadn't even heard of that one. I'm only looking at the EA 800, but thanks for the heads up.

(In fact, I didn't even know what you were warning me about - at first I read it as a warning against a "Dr. 900" and thought maybe that was a message board person who had spoken favourably about the product I was considering, but whom you knew to be untrustworthy.)
Old 06-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #58
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
I hadn't even heard of that one. I'm only looking at the EA 800, but thanks for the heads up.
I believe the reference is to the ASUS DR 900.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #59
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Gunner, that's a heck of a summer avatar!!
(I like it!! )

Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #60
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast

I'm kind of liking the Team Red avatar, now!

Oh, and Eee Note arrived. Updating firmware as we speak.