Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-04-2015, 07:04 PM   #1
Axcbjlg
Axcbjlg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3 with 3G Firmware versiom 3.4.1
Move your screenshots to pictures folder

I wanted to be able to view my screenshots with the Kindle image viewer, so I made this shell script:
Code:
echo 'Moving Screenshots'
mv /mnt/us/documents/*.gif /mnt/us/pictures/screenshots
echo 'Screenshots Moved'
To use it, make a folder in the /mnt/us directory called pictures. Put a folder called screenshots inside of it. Then, run the script from the shell.

This moves all .gif files from the Documents folder to the Screenshots folder. Non-screenshot .gif files will also be moved. I think that replacing "*.gif" in my code with "screen_shots*.gif" would only move screenshots, but I really don't know much about using * as a wildcard.

To make it easier, you can use Kite and make a "book" that runs this script when you open it. However, I have not tested this because the Kite hack appears to dislike my Kindle.

If you happen to know more about wildcards on Linux, please tell me if what I think is right. I'll make an edit for any corrections.

Edit: Forgot to add this... This is for a Kindle 3. I do not know where the other Kindles store their images. If you know where the screenshots are stored, replace the first directory in my code with that directory with "/*.gif" after it.

Last edited by Axcbjlg; 02-04-2015 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Axcbjlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Well, the Kindle Touch and I think the rest of the newer models store them in
Code:
/mnt/us/screenshot_{YYYY}_{MM}_{DD}T{HH}_{MM}_{SS}.png
I use mv /mnt/us/screenshot*.png /mnt/us/images/ to move them to the new location for the now well-hidden image viewer (requires Collections Manager to unhide, is Collection at the very end of library list).

Yeah, the wildcard works fine.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:27 PM   #3
Axcbjlg
Axcbjlg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3 with 3G Firmware versiom 3.4.1
OK, thanks.
Axcbjlg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy data, screenshot