Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Loving Calibre

I am a new to e-readers and have a Pocketbook 360 on the way. I have been spending some time setting up calibre this week and am amazed by it. I have managed to put in my small selection of books, set up the tags I want, set up a book catalogue, play with sending to a file in the folders I want, fetch news etc. I was trying to sort out how to do it best for our family and played with the idea of having two libraries and then went back down to one. I ended up setting up a tag for each family member with a category called My Library so each person can go there to see their books. I also set up a tag for the public library in that category. I also set it up as a saved search so we can each restrict based on family member. It really is working very well. Hopefully I have it set up well so that as we get more books and really need the search capabilities etc., it will work well for us.

I think I might try to see if I can figure out how to do a recipe for my local newspaper or at least one a little more local to me. For now I have the Vancouver Sun and the Province set up and that appears to be working really well.

The tagging etc. reminds me of what I learned when I set up photoshop elements to do digital scrapbooking so I'm glad I learned about tagging and setting that up before as it really helped me understand this software.

Thanks so much for the developers!
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert