Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
andygrant01
andygrant01 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Charging problem.

My Sony PRS-600 is refusing to charge from my computer. Have tried all (8) USB ports to no avail.

Before I take it back, has anyone else had this problem and was it 'curable'?

Thanks
andygrant01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
I haven't personally had this issue but I've read enough to know that sometimes charging from USB can be an issue for a number of reasons including the fact that some computers go into a sleep mode and will not charge when this happens or because of faulty / unstable USB connections.

Have you a different computer that you can try?

I would also really recommend a wall charger for the Sony - you can get a psp charger which people here have mentioned that they use with success.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
kc5cychris
Connoisseur
kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-900
I had a similar issue. I did a soft reset and all was fine
Chris
kc5cychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
drmaxx
Connoisseur
drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5cychris View Post
I had a similar issue. I did a soft reset and all was fine
Same here. Sometimes it is also good enough to turn the device completely off (not just into the sleep modus).
drmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
Gernella
Gernella began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600/Kobo Arc7
Funnily enough I was just charging my own 600 when I read this. I had not charged for a bit and it was a good 10 minutes before it finally plopped on. I think sometimes you have to be patient and wait. I always switch right off as well to save on battery life.
Gernella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Strongly recommend you get a cheap PSP wall charger. It's far more reliable and faster than trying to charge via USB.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote