Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #46
vblars
Enthusiast
vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
No problem at all. You'll still need to modify the back casing by cutting away some of the internal bracing, but it works pretty much just like the V1.
Thanks I've already bought the battery but I didn't know if their was enough space for them.
Then I'll Install them when I'm brave enough.

greetings

Lars
vblars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #47
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tudou331100 View Post
Recently a body found his MMC card cannot be recognized by iliad after installing the powermangement V0.90, I have used SD card and had the same problem which I thought my SD card was broken. Any way the CF card works very well, it is not a big problem
I just upgraded to the new power management software with the larger batteries and my iLiad recognizes my sd card just fine. It is a 1GB SD as opposed to an mmc, but I wouldn't think that would be an issue. I haven't had any issues at all with reading from the card since the upgrade.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 05:50 AM   #48
dedo
Enthusiast
dedo doesn't litterdedo doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR800
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
You will have to manually install the files as follows:
  1. Manually create the directory "/lib/modules/2.4.19-rmk7-pxa2-irex1/kernel/drivers/irex".
  2. Copy battery.o to /lib/modules/2.4.19-rmk7-pxa2-irex1/kernel/drivers/irex/battery.o
  3. Copy powerMgr to /usr/bin/powerMgr
  4. Copy start.sh to /home/root/start.sh
  5. Reboot, and you're done!
Isn't it safe to write a script to automate backup/installation/restore?
dedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #49
dedo
Enthusiast
dedo doesn't litterdedo doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR800
I can't replace powerMgr with modified version, it says "text file busy". Do I have to kill some process?
dedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #50
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Oh- yes, you do. Sorry, I forgot about that. You will need to kill the existing powerMgr processes (I think there are more than one) before you can replace the file. Of course, once you've finished installation you should reboot the iLiad.

Re: auto-installation, I think it would be pretty easy to make an installer as with other iLiad programs, I just haven't gotten around to it. If anyone else wants to, feel free!

Besides, I figure that after opening up your iLiad and soldering a bunch of things, manual software installation must seem relatively easy.

Last edited by jharker; 02-20-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Added comment on auto-installation.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #51
laozhang
Enthusiast
laozhang began at the beginning.

Device: iliad v1
my English is poor,but I have a big question SOS!

I have installed the two new larger battery and the iliad is power on normally,
but the battery icon is white, I reboot ,reboot again agian,
and I reflashed the machine by CF card
and the battery icon is still white
and I cann't upgrade and get "shell"
how can I do?
laozhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #52
laozhang
Enthusiast

because when the battery icon is white
the system think the battery is zero
it do not allow you to upgrade or download by ids
Old 03-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #53
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Hi, laozhang! With new batteries and the original software, your iLiad should act just like it did with the old batteries. Just plug it in and charge it. Your battery icon should eventually fill up. If it doesn't, then something is wrong with your hardware, or else the batteries were already full when you installed them.

If you don't have shell access it will be very hard or impossible to install the new software properly, so you may not be able to get this mod working. You have to request developer access from iRex in order to install my new battery software.

However, the original software should work fine with the new batteries. You just won't see any extra life, because the old software does not know you have new batteries.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #54
laozhang
Enthusiast

hi, jharker, thanks a lot for your reply, recently ,i have read a lot of words you wrote.

the battery icon is still white, I have charged for hours.

maybe there is something wrong with hardware. I have made a mistake,first time ,I take cathode as anode,the connect is totally wrong and the protectd card is overheat.
does it do harm to hardware? when I correct it ,it power on normally,
Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #55
laozhang
Enthusiast

Quote:
jharker wrote:For various reasons the iLiad does not always seem to recognize or adjust for a larger battery size, although it is (in principle) able to. The battery icon still goes to zero in 10-12 hours, and the powerMgr program will then automatically shut off the iLiad.
what is meaning?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #56
laozhang
Enthusiast

when the battery icon is white,the system do not allow to upgrade.
does any other method to upgrade?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:02 AM   #57
calviny
calviny doesn't littercalviny doesn't litter

Device: iliad
laozhang, do you have any cards in the MMC slot or CF slot? Sometimes a nonrecognized SD card in the MMC slot can cause the white battery problem although this is probably not your problem.
calviny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #58
jharker
Developer

Hi, laozhang! Sorry it took me so long to reply. Calviny has a good idea, and you should try that first. However...
Quote:
Originally Posted by laozhang
I take cathode as anode,the connect is totally wrong and the protectd card is overheat.
When this happened you probably broke something on the battery board. The problem is, the Gas Gauge chip on the battery board tells the iLiad how full the battery is. If you fried the Gas Gauge or a supporting chip, your iLiad can't read the battery charge and the icon will always be white. Honestly, I'm surprised your iLiad boots at all. It certainly won't work properly and it could potentially drain the battery into unsafe territory. I don't know whether it would charge the battery properly, either.

You have a couple of options at this point:
  1. Check your battery circuit board very carefully. There are one or two fuses in the circuit. It is barely possible that the fuses blew and replacing the fuses will solve the problem. Measure the resistance across a fuse. If it is higher than 0.2 ohms, then the fuse is probably blown. You'll have to get a new surface-mount fuse to replace it. I doubt this will fix it, though.
  2. Do what Mr. Goodbar did. Find someone who has an iLiad with a broken screen, ask them to sell it to you for a cheap price, then take out the battery board of their iLiad and use it in yours.
I hope this helps!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #59
laozhang
Enthusiast

hi,jharker,thanks a lot

it seems the charge of battey is normal ,when connecting the AC,the red light is on,after one or two hours ,the red light is off, but the battery icon is still white.

there is a strange thing happened. you know tudou and I are all live in China.recently,I mail may iliad to tudou for help. tudou use his battery to boot my ilad,but nothing good happen,the battery icon is still white. and when tudou connect his battery back to his own iliad,his iliad's battery icon alse become white. what happened??
Old 03-15-2009, 01:50 AM   #60
jharker
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laozhang View Post
it seems the charge of battey is normal ,when connecting the AC,the red light is on,after one or two hours ,the red light is off, but the battery icon is still white.
This makes sense. You may have fried the Gas Gauge, but I'm pretty sure the battery can charge correctly even without the Gas Gauge.
Quote:
There is a strange thing happened. you know tudou and I are all live in China.recently,I mail may iliad to tudou for help. tudou use his battery to boot my ilad,but nothing good happen,the battery icon is still white. and when tudou connect his battery back to his own iliad,his iliad's battery icon alse become white. what happened??
I assume you mean that tudou used his batteries and his battery circuit board?

That's just weird. I don't understand that at all, unless he accidentally switched battery boards and kept yours. As far as I know, his icon should work fine if he has his original battery attached.

I'm sorry I can't be more help. It sounds very strange to me. I could suggest some diagnostics, but you have to have shell access to your iLiad and it sounds like you don't have that right now. I still think you've fried your battery board, so your best bet is to try to get a replacement board from somewhere. Oh, don't forget to try taking out any SD/MMC/CF cards. They might be causing some kind of bug.