Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
Acey
Acey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Recipe help needed for looping through sections of a website

I have some websites I'd like to turn into a recipe for Calibre but they have no RSS feeds available.

They are accessed using section numbers like http://mywebsite.com/sectionname/part1 and I know the name and the number of parts in each section. I thought if I created 2 arrays, one with the section names and the other with matching number of parts that I could loop through them but I'm stuck as I don't know what the next step is to turn those addresses into feeds which can be returned and turned into a book.

How can I create a recipe which loops through all sections and creates a separate feed for each section with each section's parts?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the parse_index function. See for example atlantic.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert