Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #16
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Thank you for your input Bob! and that you Alex for your nice hobby!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #17
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Kris,
I have the Black one. the red was ok.. but I always think of black as being sleek .

--
Bill
RED is the best color!

Hey BOb, I did not know that about Alex..
he sure is a great guy for all he does for us!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 11:40 PM   #18
bonteku
Interested Observer
bonteku began at the beginning.

Device: Palm tx/Jetbook
I would love to see a forum dedicated to the Jetbook.I owned an EZ Reader for 5 days and have just returned it to Fry's for a black Jetbook,and I love it!
I have no major problems using it but in trying to find answers to small questions I've bounced all over this forum,a central location would be great.I don't post often but this Jetbook has me revved up.Thanks to everyone at this forum,it's a great place.
bonteku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #19
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonteku View Post
I would love to see a forum dedicated to the Jetbook.I owned an EZ Reader for 5 days and have just returned it to Fry's for a black Jetbook,and I love it!
I have no major problems using it but in trying to find answers to small questions I've bounced all over this forum,a central location would be great.I don't post often but this Jetbook has me revved up.Thanks to everyone at this forum,it's a great place.
Thank you for your post, bonteku! I'm glad that this forum has got one more jetBook owner . Why you like jetBook more than EZ Reader unit?
Old 04-23-2009, 01:10 AM   #20
bonteku
Interested Observer
bonteku began at the beginning.

Device: Palm tx/Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Thank you for your post, bonteku! I'm glad that this forum has got one more jetBook owner . Why you like jetBook more than EZ Reader unit?
Didn't like EZ Reader because:
1-Very few extra options
2-Bookmarks did not work with anything other than PDF
3-Buttons were non-responsive sometimes
4-Page flashing gave me a headache
5-It just felt kind of cheap
I've owned an EBookwise 1150 in the past(it died)bought books from Fictionwise for my Palm TX and I'm sick to death of DRM,the Jetbook works and looks great and sets me free from DRM.The recent format additions are what cinched it since I read mobi/prc most of the time,for books that aren't available without DRM there's still the Public Library
bonteku is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2009, 01:53 AM   #21
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonteku View Post
Didn't like EZ Reader because:
1-Very few extra options
2-Bookmarks did not work with anything other than PDF
3-Buttons were non-responsive sometimes
4-Page flashing gave me a headache
5-It just felt kind of cheap
I've owned an EBookwise 1150 in the past(it died)bought books from Fictionwise for my Palm TX and I'm sick to death of DRM,the Jetbook works and looks great and sets me free from DRM.The recent format additions are what cinched it since I read mobi/prc most of the time,for books that aren't available without DRM there's still the Public Library
Yes, I purchased several books in prc format from Fictionwise too and I hope they will sell more DRMed free books in near future.

The big problem that many people think that ink screen is the best that available on the market and they have no idea about TFT screen. I know several people and read reviews from people who has both - ink screen devices (with flashing) and jetBook with TFT screen and almost all of them like TFT screen more. TFT screen without flashing was one of the main reason why I purchased jetBook.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #22
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
The big problem that many people think that ink screen is the best that available on the market and they have no idea about TFT screen.
There may be more LCD screen options by the end of the year, see for example Why I want a big screen ereader. From Robertb's description, this is probably a Pixel Qi screen - similar to that on the OLPC (Why I favor Mary Lou’s OLPC screen tech over E Ink—at least for MY purposes).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:37 PM   #23
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
sub sub forums on the less popular readers that dont need front page.

-- Readers
---- Irex
------DR10
------Iliad
----Kindle
------Kindle 1
------K2
------ETC ETC ETC
----SONY
-----Other sony subs
---- Other Readers
------ Jetbook
------ ebookwise
------ readius
------ starebook
----other readers that currently have forums thad i didnt mention
---- etc etc etc
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:01 AM   #24
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Yes Please, I'd like a jetBook forum.

BTW, I've been using deDRMed Mobi files, and I tried one ePub file and I'm finding the the TOCs don't work. They are there, usually at the end of the book, but there are no links.

Is this a known issue, and is it being worked? Or am I going to have to live with it?

It's not a deal killer as the text search works, but ...

Is that why the World Fact Book has a gazillion files, one for each country? Because the jetBook doesn't support links?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:05 AM   #25
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Yes Please, I'd like a jetBook forum.

BTW, I've been using deDRMed Mobi files, and I tried one ePub file and I'm finding the the TOCs don't work. They are there, usually at the end of the book, but there are no links.

Is this a known issue, and is it being worked? Or am I going to have to live with it?

It's not a deal killer as the text search works, but ...

Is that why the World Fact Book has a gazillion files, one for each country? Because the jetBook doesn't support links?
My version of the WFB had all those different files becuase that's how the website was set up, and merging 500+ files wasn't worth it. That's the only reason.

BTW, which version of the World Fact Book do you have?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #26
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
My version of the WFB had all those different files becuase that's how the website was set up, and merging 500+ files wasn't worth it. That's the only reason.

BTW, which version of the World Fact Book do you have?
I'm not sure, it's the one that came preloaded on the jetBook, but it doesn't have a title page. The KJV of the bible also came preloaded, and the TOC for that has books titled BOOK ** so they can be found with a text search, but there are no hyperlinks in the TOC.

As I see it, lack of hyperlink support is a MAJOR deficincy. Nealy as large as lack of DRM support.

Fortunaly there are work arounds for both problems.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #27
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm not sure, it's the one that came preloaded on the jetBook, but it doesn't have a title page. The KJV of the bible also came preloaded, and the TOC for that has books titled BOOK ** so they can be found with a text search, but there are no hyperlinks in the TOC.

As I see it, lack of hyperlink support is a MAJOR deficincy. Nealy as large as lack of DRM support.

Fortunaly there are work arounds for both problems.
My Mobi version will work for you. I guarantee any problems you find in it will be due the the jetbook, not the ebook.

On a related note, can you upload a copy of that Epub version of the WFB? I'd like to see it.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #28
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
My Mobi version will work for you. I guarantee any problems you find in it will be due the the jetbook, not the ebook.

On a related note, can you upload a copy of that Epub version of the WFB? I'd like to see it.
The preloaded WFB on the jetBook consists of 260 FB2 files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CIA_World_Book.zip (1.99 MB, 251 views)

Last edited by wodin; 05-07-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #29
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
The preloaded WFB on the jetBook consists of 260 FB2 files.
You could zip the files in one folder. I'm still somewhat curious, but never mind. That one statement is enough to convey the lack of quality.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This thread has gotten way off topic from the subject of a Jetbook forum. Can we stay on topic here?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote