Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #31
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
http://www.amazonsellercommunity.com...54665&tstart=0

Looks like they're having an "unplanned event". Sounds like fun...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #32
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i love the way they phrase it :
"an issue that has impacted the availability of the Amazon.com website"
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #33
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
The little yellow light right beside the power hole goes off.

BTW Haggis: Not bad! First day with the Kindle and here on the Mobile Read site and you have the front page news.
Come now Pshrynk. Don't you recall the excellent newsworthy events I inspired with the folk over on the "other" site? Were you around my first day when I caused a rebellion by doing nothing with the "others" and they followed me over into "our" room?
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

you intrigue me...
Old 06-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #35
davidrothman
Connoisseur
davidrothman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, $50 Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 6, Kobo Aura H2O
Oh, the glories of a centralized approach---with so much of the U.S. book industry relying more and more on one company! Actually, as I've just written, there's the inevitable DRM/eBabel angle. We all fondly remember the Mobi excitement. ;-) - David

http://www.teleread.org/blog/2008/06...zon-site-down/
davidrothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #36
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
This is amusing...

Quote:
You have been denied access to this feature because we believe you violated the terms, conditions, rules, guidelines or policies of our site in the past. If you believe we have taken this action in error, you may contact us at ad-help-us@amazon.com.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
This from my work computer.

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #37
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Nomad must be processing the sterilize-imperfection thing again and is heading for that core melt down.

BTW, for me as of the time of this post most of Amazon is working for me but search is not yet working.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #38
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
This is amusing...
ad-help-us@amazon.com? Help is certainly what they need right now
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #39
TantricWarrior
Enthusiast
TantricWarrior has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Viewsonic G-Tablet (rooted), CyBook Gen3, Newton 2.0
Hmmm... apparently I've violated something too...

Click image for larger version

Name:	amazon.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	13296
TantricWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #40
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TantricWarrior View Post
Looks like a misconfiguration then. Here is what the AP says:

Quote:
Shawn White, Keynote's director of external operations, says an error in the configuration of the Web site might have caused the shut down.

White says another reason might have been be server overload, but he says Amazon has a history of being able to handle large loads of visitors.

Calls to Amazon.com were not immediately returned.

White says the Web site was back up to 60 percent capability around noon.
AP
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #41
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
And...

At 2:12PM here in sunny California I am finally able to get to Amazon. Hooray - I think.

derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #42
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Interesting. IMDB is also down, they are hardly ever down. Coincidence or not? Amazon was down for me and then up a few minutes later. Odd.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:20 PM   #43
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Is Book Expo still happening. PERFECT time for this to happen!
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #44
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TantricWarrior View Post
"if you are not a robot, please contact us..."
<snicker> i love the digital age...
Old 06-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #45
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Sorry folks, it was my fault. I have put a curse on Amazon for not launching the Kindle in the UK. I'm afraid they are doomed.
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote