Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #166
bbhuston
Enthusiast
bbhuston began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW; kindle DX; Sony DPT-S1
Wow! I'm totally impressed with what you've done.
bbhuston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #167
crazydog
error
crazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Keyboard, M92
is there a way to get a faster screen refresh?
For example by setting 8 or 4 color grayscale instead of 16.
I'm using M92 as EINk monitor - and it is a very very good monitor I just can't track the mouse cursor, it's too slow.
crazydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #168
Pakal
Pakal began at the beginning.

Device: Boox i62HD Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp5 View Post
For all terminal junkies out there with a boox m92 I present "betty boox", a terminal emulator for the boox. Now you can run all your favorite software on your boox! Betty Boox is based on betty and adapted for the boox. Sources are at https://github.com/bartp5/betty_boox. Installer scripts and compiled program are attached.
It was the newest terminal I've found, but on i62HD Firefly(same CPU as M92) trying betty.oar makes the screen flash and device reboot.

Does anyone have a terminal that works on i62HD?
Pakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #169
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
M92 Unlocker

Here's something slightly different :

M92 Unlocker. Fixed update kernel, which bypasses password restrictions.
It allows one to install updates from any vendor.

Please keep in mind that installation of ArtaTech FW is illegal on generic M92 devices (i.e. not "Black Pearl") due to additional features such as IVONA TTS and Cloud Manager.

Installation :

1. Grab this zip : https://www.dropbox.com/s/11smdrxknpoxhdc/update.zip
2. Unpack it to root of your internal storage memory
3. Run flash.oar from your M92

Now you can install any update.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #170
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
seaniko7, and what's new in porting Debian to M92?

а что нового в портировании Debian на М92?
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #171
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

@Kirith, I'm switching to Ubuntu 13.04 and patching Xorg server to support touchscreen input atm.

edit :

It runs Calibre ! :
http://t.co/AiM6BzOcku

Last edited by seaniko7; 05-18-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #172
bleph
bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox M90, M92 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Here's something slightly different :

M92 Unlocker. Fixed update kernel, which bypasses password restrictions.
It allows one to install updates from any vendor.
Thank you for this. Can I use it with M90? Or does it require a different uimage file?
bleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #173
seaniko7
wannabe developer

@bleph, nope. This kernel is only compatible with M92.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #174
Pakal
Pakal began at the beginning.

Device: Boox i62HD Firefly
Everybody seem to be developing for M92... How different are internals of Firefly? At least CPU is the same. @seaniko7: Would Your Ubuntu work also on i62HD Firefly?
Again: is there any working terminal app, at least for M92?
Pakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #175
seaniko7
wannabe developer

@Pakal, I develop only for devices, which I personally own, especially when it comes to modifying kernel space and bootloader. Running Ubuntu on i62/i62HD is definitively possible, but it would require compilation of different kernel, modules, configuration ...
Old 05-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #176
seaniko7
wannabe developer

Quick update: I've switched back to Ubuntu Lucid, as further releases dropped support for IMX video driver and got touchscreen working (with right click emulation). With monochrome updater (6-8fps) it's quite responsive. Actually I can draw using gimp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2mbh4ori5...2021.03.06.jpg

Sorry for crappy image quality

Last edited by seaniko7; 05-20-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #177
crazydog
error
crazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toys

@seaniko7
I tried chrooting into debian wheezy like I did on my kindle 3 (without X server).
It failed at mounting the image hehe

Could you share your achievements with us? I think sharing your compiled kernel with us would be greeat fun
Old 05-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #178
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Quick update: I've switched back to Ubuntu Lucid, as further releases dropped support for IMX video driver and got touchscreen working (with right click emulation). With monochrome updater (6-8fps) it's quite responsive. Actually I can draw using gimp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2mbh4ori5...2021.03.06.jpg

Sorry for crappy image quality
Very impressive!

Can you run xournal? (If so, many, if not all, complaints about scribbling would go away.)
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #179
seaniko7
wannabe developer

@crazydog :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0amubebxo...l-power.tar.gz

Make sure you know how to flash kernel and install modules. Also keep in mind, that this kernel is highly experimental for now.

As soon as I prepare dual boot support (either from u-boot or initramfs), optimize power management and enable wireless support, I'll document whole process and release installer.

@FMP, I'm downloading xournal from Software Center now. It might not be as snappy as Scribble is... But when it comes to note taking, I'm really satisfied with Freemind+onscreen keyboard running on my M92

edit: yep, xournal has about 0.5s lag, but its usable.

Last edited by seaniko7; 05-20-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #180
crazydog
error

THANK YOU seaniko7