Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Any thoughts on converting from Sony (lrf) to Kindle (prc) format?

I could not cinvince my father that he should get the Sony so I'll be connverting books to both Sony and Kindle formats. I have a bunch of lrf files already that I would like to convert so it would be nice if I did not have to dig up the origionals and start over. lrf2prc would be sweet .

-Greg
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
First, try to find the original source files that you used to create the LRF versions.

Other than that I would suggest that you use ABC Amber Sony Converter to create new source files. From there you can load them to BookDesigner or MobiGen to create the Mobi files for your Father.

Now Jon generally takes exception everytime I mention ABC Amber Sony Converter as it does not preserve formatting (italics, etc) or extract graphics. While it can create PDB files directly that Mobi can read, they lack all structure (chapters, etc) and all formatting beyond paragraphs.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use lrf2lrs to create XML files and then use an XSL stylesheet to transfrom the XML into whatever format you like.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use lrf2lrs to create XML files and then use an XSL stylesheet to transfrom the XML into whatever format you like.
I always seem to forget about lrf2lrs, sorry about that.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:59 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What would Book Designer do with the LRS files?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert