Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
I will always use an iPad GENERATED mbp file. One you have that file it works on both, and yes, you can add to on either and it still works.

I sent an email to Kindle Support suggesting they have the Desktop application create the same exact file as kindle (header info) and I received a note back to call them, so guess I'll do that.

Now that I see the difference in the mbp file I guess technically if I had an "Old" file it could be altered with the "new" header parm.
Good luck with that the last time I contacted them regarding a problem I was having with some of my mobi files they told me that the app was not designed for that, it was designed for amazon's files and I should count myself lucky it works with mobi files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
And the reason I'm in this forum is I wish that somehow I could store the mbp with the .mobi file in calibre. Something like a holding folder for each book for any kind of file, notes, etc. etc. Anyone?
If you use the fetch annotations option it will keep copies with the book and you can save them to a separate folder/drive but I think that only works with the kindle. I do not think it does with other devices. The great and wonderful ipad/itunes doesn't offer this option??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #17
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
-edit-
If you use the fetch annotations option it will keep copies with the book and you can save them to a separate folder/drive but I think that only works with the kindle. I do not think it does with other devices. The great and wonderful ipad/itunes doesn't offer this option??
No it doesn't. It merely has word processing, internet, email, a zillion apps, etc, etc.

Seriously though.. I'll check out the save annotations just for the fun of it. Perhaps I can sync with a Drop box folder or something crazy like that...
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #18
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
You could also try a google search to see if there is anything out there. Also, try the Amazon forum a little while ago I remember there being a mbp app to covert them to text so there might be something out there.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #19
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
You could also try a google search to see if there is anything out there. Also, try the Amazon forum a little while ago I remember there being a mbp app to covert them to text so there might be something out there.
Thanks much nynaevelan.... I really appreciate your thoughts and insights...
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote