Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
good_man
good_man began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Error on install: No module named PyQt4

I'm trying to install the latest Calibre 0.7.45. I've downloaded the pakcage and now trying to manually install it by calling:
Code:
sudo python setup.py install
But with no luck, the installation fails because of missing library:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 13, in <module>
    import setup.commands as commands
  File "/home/user/Programs/calibre/calibre/setup/commands.py", line 28, in <module>
    from setup.translations import POT, GetTranslations, Translations, ISO639
  File "/home/user/Programs/calibre/calibre/setup/translations.py", line 14, in <module>
    from setup.build_environment import pyqt
  File "/home/user/Programs/calibre/calibre/setup/build_environment.py", line 12, in <module>
    from PyQt4 import pyqtconfig
ImportError: No module named PyQt4
good_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I'm assuming that you're trying to install on Linux? Instructions for that are here.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to install PyQt4 and PyQt4-dev
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
good_man
good_man began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
PyQt4 and PyQt4-dev are already installed, and yes on linux ubuntu 10.10 I've read that page several times, the installer didn't work for me giving me this error:

Downloaded 1992 bytes
Checking downloaded file integrity...
bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.

That's why I tried with manual installation, but with no luck until now.
good_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by good_man View Post
PyQt4 and PyQt4-dev are already installed, and yes on linux ubuntu 10.10 I've read that page several times, the installer didn't work for me giving me this error:

Downloaded 1992 bytes
Checking downloaded file integrity...
bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.

That's why I tried with manual installation, but with no luck until now.
That's a download error, I suggest you wait a while and try the download again.

As for PyQt being installed, the error is pretty unambiguous, it isn't.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert