Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Bob B
Connoisseur
Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Kindle Version

How do I tell what generation Paperwhite I have? I don't see any reference in Device Info or in the Your Devices section of Manage Your Content and Devices on the web. Yet, the software updates section on Amazon.com is all arranged by generation. For reference in case it matters, my serial number is 90D4... Thanks for all help.

Last edited by Bob B; 08-14-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Bob B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
This should help

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
How do I tell what generation Paperwhite I have? I don't see any reference in Device Info or in the Your Devices section of Manage Your Content and Devices on the web. Yet, the software updates section on Amazon.com is all arranged by generation. For reference in case it matters, my serial number is 90D4 .... Thanks for all help.
That's a PaperWhite 2. It would be a good thing to edit your post to remove all of your serial number except the first four digits. That's all you need.

Addendum: This is the update page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201307450

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-14-2015 at 03:18 PM.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
How do I tell what generation Paperwhite I have? I don't see any reference in Device Info or in the Your Devices section of Manage Your Content and Devices on the web. Yet, the software updates section on Amazon.com is all arranged by generation. For reference in case it matters, my serial number is 90D4... Thanks for all help.
The first-gen Paperwhite says Kindle on the back, while the second and third-gen models say Amazon.

On the front, the 2nd-gen shows the name "kindle" in silver letters, while the 3rd-gen uses black ink.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #5
Hildifons
Hildifons began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW
It would be a good thing to edit your post to remove all of your serial number except the first four digits.
Edit yours too and remove the number from the quote.
Hildifons is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2015, 03:21 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hildifons View Post
Edit yours too and remove the number from the quote.
I did it.

Came by before, saw the OP was already fixed, didn't bother to check further.

Note for the future: peoples, when quoting someone's post with sensitive information, you *can* edit the bit in the quote tags -- even if the other person didn't fix their post yet.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:45 PM   #7
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I did it.

Came by before, saw the OP was already fixed, didn't bother to check further.

Note for the future: peoples, when quoting someone's post with sensitive information, you *can* edit the bit in the quote tags -- even if the other person didn't fix their post yet.
Why, thank you. That was rather sluggish thinking on my part.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote