Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #301
LesRS
Enthusiast
LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Lenovo A1 Tablet
Thumbs up THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erayd View Post
Thanks for letting me know .

The 'share' links appear to have been introduced with ff.net's latest site update - I have updated FLAG's grabber to remove them. Edit: Looks like fictionpress also added these links - FLAG now removes those as well .

The centering is being stripped by the markup tidying process - this is a slightly more complicated fix, but it should be done sometime shortly.
I haven't got an ereader yet, but one of the reasons I want to get one is to read my fanfic in bed to help me go to sleep. I appreciate all the work you have done so far to make this happen.
LesRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #302
erayd
Zealot
erayd doesn't littererayd doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesRS View Post
I haven't got an ereader yet, but one of the reasons I want to get one is to read my fanfic in bed to help me go to sleep. I appreciate all the work you have done so far to make this happen.
No worries - you're most welcome .
erayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #303
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
It's possible I guess - the font I'm using is DejaVu Sans though, which should cover most things it's likely to run across.
The following scripts are supported:
  • Latin (including European and African alphabets, IPA, ...)
  • Greek (including polytonic)
  • Cyrillic
  • Armenian
  • Georgian
So no Japanese, it appears. Unfortunately, it's difficult to find a font that's both nice looking and has an extensive character set.

Quote:
No, because it's not opensource (this is partly because I'm sick of supporting people's issues with installing & updating stuff, and the new version has some requirements that most people will be lacking) - but if you flick me a note with your email address and let me know what you want, I'll see what I can do.
Will shoot you a PM. Thanks!

Quote:
That's possible, although unlikely. I don't develop on Windows at all though (I don't even have Windows installed on my PC), so you're in a better position than me to figure that one out .
Played for a bit and I think I've figured it out (kinda). Of all the things that may have been causing the problem, this one's really idiotic. The ZipArchive class corrupts the archive if the filename of an entry has more than 8 characters. Yeah, I'm still scratching my head on that one. So far, I've only tried it with addFromString. No idea if addFromFile exhibits the same behavior. I wonder if upgrading PHP will fix this issue. Still using 5.2.8 and I've just been too lazy to update. Looks like your new epub script will be on my request list.

Quote:
If it does what you want it to do, then it fits the bill perfectly.
Exactly. That or just not knowing any better.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #304
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
2011-04-21: FLAG has been completely rewritten as a webservice, and is available here. The CLI version is not currently supported, but I may add support for this back at some point in the future.

Currently supported formats:
  • EPUB
  • MobiPocket (Kindle)
  • PDF
  • HTML

Currently supported source websites:
-----= Original Post =-----
500 - Internal Server Error

How long until this can be fixed?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #305
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Tried downloading an epub from fanfiction.net just now and it worked fine for me.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 05:51 AM   #306
erayd
Zealot
erayd doesn't littererayd doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

You know it's popular when it's down for just 5 hours, and I get multiple users screaming at me via email, twitter, and mobileread within half an hour of it going down...

The server suffered from excessive popularity early this morning, and ran out of memory. It's now back up and working again - my apologies for the inconvenience.

An upgraded server is on the list as soon as donation levels rise high enough to pay for it.

Last edited by erayd; 09-14-2011 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Fixing a grammatical error.
erayd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, fanfiction, fanfiction.net, grabber, lrf