Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=26
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #17
Gingah
Gingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheese

Device: K4S B00E
Following his original article on Instructable, I started looking around this forum for posts containing the word "keypad" (using the advanced search, also tried "keyboard" but it seemed less apt). Examining his code, I found the echo "send 109" > /proc/keypad, which worked a treat. Searching further I found the "USB Device to turn the page" thread which lists a variety of outputs of various numbers. Alcorns Voice control thread has some good pointers, especially a reference to a "kindle terminal" that contains keydefs.ini. But I don't really know how to reverse engineer an .exe. A thread on connecting a external keyboard, which was fairly similar to one one simulating button presses had some interesting links, as did "merged terminal/launchpad/web server".

Ultimately I could not find a reference onhow to send input into the virtual keypad on the K4NT via SSH - as it was not as simple as sending them as button presses (as I was hoping), and thus I was hoping maybe someone knew this or knew about a post that covered it. I might just not have used the right terminology for it, but "keypad" and "keyboard" seemed the best to describe it.

Belated note: Thanks for that link twobob, it seems like exactly what I was looking for whilst writing this summary.
Gingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #18
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
no worries.

I remembered the search terms "LIPC insertKeystroke" hardly trips of the tongue.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote