Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #166
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
I had started to work on an adapter for ksarchive.com, however I hit a snag when I realized that it has two different warnings, which none of the other sites have. I have almost no experience with python and was not sure how to continue. Unfortunately, because of life and school, I have had little time to work on it either.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #167
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Actually, adapter_tenhawkpresentscom.py has two different warnings--depending on how you mean 'warning'. Have you looked in that one?
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #168
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

No, but I will look at it tomorrow. School calls tonight. If I remember, ksarchive had a warning = 1 for teen rated stories and a warning = 2 for adult rated stories. I'll look at the adapter_tenhawkpresentscom.py. Hopefully it will solve my problem.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #169
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Something like that. It requires warning=3 for some stories and warning=4 and log-in for others.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #170
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Beta Test for New Sites

I'm looking for some testers to help find the first round of bugs with four new sites.
  • fanfiction.mugglenet.com
  • fanfiction.portkey.org
  • thequidditchpitch.org
  • www.hpfandom.net
These are the four largest/most active of the sites that have been requested lately.

Another site that's been requested a few times is adultfanfiction.net. None of the current developers are interested in writing code to support it because of the ominous legal warnings and requirements to access the site.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-06-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #171
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Nobody's complained--must work fine. Advanced to general release.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #172
SheDo2
SheDo2 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I just started using FanFictiondownloader plugin and it's great... Could you please add a couple of my favorite sites...
http://www.academyofbards.org/

http://www.xenafiction.net/
Old 03-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #173
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@SheDo2 - Probably not.

Those two sites, at first glance, are really just websites that happen to contain stories.

What makes it possible to reliably convert stories to ebooks is the fact that the supported sites use story management software to present the stories in a consistent way.

I suggest googling for 'web page to epub' or something along those lines. There are a lot of different solutions for websites, I believe.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #174
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheDo2 View Post
I just started using FanFictiondownloader plugin and it's great... Could you please add a couple of my favorite sites...
http://www.academyofbards.org/

http://www.xenafiction.net/

Took a quick look... both of these websites have very, very ugly html formatting, with pretty much every story having a free-form layout. There isn't really a place to easily collect even something as simple as a table of contents for a multi-chaptered work, not to mention metadata. Hell, you can't even get author url from any of the stories!
While not _impossible_, I wouldn't really get your hopes up.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #175
SheDo2
SheDo2 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks for the reply. I use iSiloX as a drag and drop HTML converter but it only converts to iSilo format and Calibre doesn't convert iSilo. Oh well back to going around my elbow to get to my a$$...

Thanks for lookin at my request.

Gin
Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #176
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheDo2 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I use iSiloX as a drag and drop HTML converter but it only converts to iSilo format and Calibre doesn't convert iSilo. Oh well back to going around my elbow to get to my a$$...
If you are using Firefox, have a look at the extension GrabMyBooks. It allows you to build epubs from web pages. I tried it a while ago out of curiosity, but I don't remember how good it was.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:32 AM   #177
Jade Aislin
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Something like that. It requires warning=3 for some stories and warning=4 and log-in for others.
I looked at tenhawkspresentscom.py. It looks like it has one regular warning and one warning for stories that need a registered user. I looked at the other sites that have adapters. Now I'm completely confused. From what I could tell, all the sites had at least one warning that needed the user to be registered when there was more than one warning.

ksarchive does not need the user to be registered. You only need to go through the javascript pop up for two different ratings.

I do not understand python at all and can't seem to get beyond editing the basic things like it is outlined in the castlefanorg.py. That is how I was able to get the lower rated stories to work before. Unfortunately, I have too many other things going on in my life at the moment and don't think I will be able to continue working on this.

I had tried to use
if "text from javascript" in data:
addurl= (the warning # depeneding on the text)

But it still didn't seem to be adding the warning to the url. I also was not sure where to put the lines as I ran into errors in both the data and url not being defined.

I do want an adapter for ksarchive.com. But I have no idea what I am doing. Unless someone else does one similar, I do not think I can continue.

- Jade Aislin
Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #178
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Jade Aislin - That's fine. It's on our list of sites to consider and will likely get supported sooner or later.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #179
summerdream81
summerdream81 began at the beginning.

Device: sonny reader
Question Newbie Questions

Hello,

I'm new to using the plugin and I really love it. Thanks for all the great work !!

And now I have, maybe a little dumb questions :

How exactly do I configure personal.ini ?
I tried to add it in .config>calibre>plugin>fanfictiondownloader.zip but somehow I still have to put in my logins manually?
How do I have to format it exactly ? do the ## and # from your example stay ?

And when I try to download from twiwrite I only get errors?
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'

I tried this story http://www.twiwrite.net/viewstory.ph...t=ok&warning=1
and some others and its always the same error

Maybe someone can help?

TY summerdream81
Old 03-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #180
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@summerdream81 - I think you're trying too hard.

Drop down the FFDL plugin menu, choose 'Configure Plugin', choose the personal.ini tab. Edit away. Or, do 'Preferences' > 'Plugins' > 'User Interfact Action plugins' > FanFictionDownLoader

.ini config file format is pretty basic. [sections] and keyword:value lines. The authoritative format source is: http://docs.python.org/library/configparser.html

# and ## are both comment lines and maybe removed if you like. As a convention, I try to use # in front of keywords that FFDL knows that can be turned on by removing the # and ## for comments about them.

As for http://www.twiwrite.net/viewstory.php?sid=785, it downloaded fine for me.
Closed Thread