Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 02-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
How to combine lit files into a single one?

I would really like to have several books in a series combined into one book with a Table of Contents that will act like a hyperlink. They currently are in lit format. I've tried converting them and then combining them, but they either have too many blank lines between the paragraphs or lose the Table of Contents. Any help would be most appreciated. I have a Sony 700.

Lynn
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I would really like to have several books in a series combined into one book with a Table of Contents that will act like a hyperlink. They currently are in lit format. I've tried converting them and then combining them, but they either have too many blank lines between the paragraphs or lose the Table of Contents. Any help would be most appreciated. I have a Sony 700.

Lynn
Use Convert LIT to make them into HTML files and then combine them in a zip file and feed them to Calibre and make an ePUB.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. Your method combines them just great! But, there is no table of contents so I can skip to which ever one I want. Is there a trick to that?

Lynn
Old 02-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Thanks. Your method combines them just great! But, there is no table of contents so I can skip to which ever one I want. Is there a trick to that?

Lynn
I believe Calibre ePUB support now includes TOC but I am not sure how it is generated. I suggest you ask in the Calibre group.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:

Lynn
Since you have a Sony why not just create a collection?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Since you have a Sony why not just create a collection?
BOb
I've done that, but it still creates a great many entries - I have a large number of books. For example, Tanya Huff has several different series. If I put each series under a different collection, then I have to page through many collections to get the the correct one. If I put all her books, including all her series in one collection, I then have to page through a lot of books within the collection to get to the correct one. I would like to have a collection titled Huff, Tanya - in it a book titled Vicky Nelson (which has all of the Vicky books in one book with a table of contents showing each of the books in that series) - since we can't have nested collections.

I'm sure there is a way - I guess I'll have to dive into calibre to figure it out. I've been reading in the Calibre forum, but so far what they are saying hasn't clicked with me. As soon as I read it several more times, I'll ask the question over there.

Lynn
Old 02-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I'm sure there is a way - I guess I'll have to dive into calibre to figure it out. I've been reading in the Calibre forum, but so far what they are saying hasn't clicked with me. As soon as I read it several more times, I'll ask the question over there.

Lynn
I see. I think if you create an HTML file that links to each of the other files you will get what you are looking for. There is certainly a WAY to do it.

Like you said, post on the Calibre section would be your best bet.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote