Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 03:31 AM   #1
Stoneforger
Connoisseur
Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wink Argo - a science fiction novelette available for FREE until Friday, September 14

Humanity was forced to seek the stars.

Destined to lead mankind into an ever expanding presence, the inhabitants of HD 85512 b have known no other rule than those of the benevolent machines.

The same machines that brought their ancestors there hundreds of years before.

But what is man if he isn't free?

What is man without being able to choose for himself?

Ask yourselves the same question and remember:

Whom do you love the most?

---

Available from Amazon
, for FREE until Friday, September 14 (from $0.99)
Stoneforger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
Stoneforger
Connoisseur
Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First review for Argo!

http://www.amazon.com/Argo-ebook/dp/B00994MXOE

4 out of 5 stars: A deep, thought provoking read

Argo is a great read. Although it is a short read, it is very deep and very thought provoking. Overall it is excellent sci-fi with a vividly painted picture of life in the stars--a life like nothing we know but one that we must come to grasp, where machines rule. A very intriguing story that will surely make you think.

A scifi novelette, only $0.99
Old 10-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #3
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

Smile Other points of sale for Argo

Thanks to everyone who downloaded Argo. I'm waiting on those reviews and ratings!

If you haven't downloaded Argo from Amazon, you can try these other online stores:

Smashwords
Diesel e-books
Sony eBookstore

Happy reading and remember, I need those reviews!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

Cool Argo available for FREE from Amazon.com

"Argo" is a science fiction novelette available for FREE for an indefinite amount of time from Amazon.com for the Kindle.

Humanity was forced to seek the stars.

Destined to lead mankind into an ever expanding presence, the inhabitants of HD 85512 b have known no other rule than those of the benevolent machines.

The same machines that brought their ancestors there hundreds of years before.

But what is man if he isn't free?

What is man without being able to choose for himself?

Ask yourselves the same question and remember:

Whom do you love the most?

4.7 out of 5 stars - See what other have to say:

"Argo is a great read. Although it is a short read, it is very deep and very thought provoking. Overall it is excellent sci-fi with a vividly painted picture of life in the stars--a life like nothing we know but one that we must come to grasp, where machines rule. A very intriguing story that will surely make you think."

"Though a short read, Argo is full of detail and meaning. At some point, we all wonder about humanity's quest to travel among the stars, whether humans could live and thrive anywhere but Earth. From serious movies and books, to even the likes of Wall-e, we cannot help but see that existence would rely heavily on machines. In this book, the author vividly presents a life that, although 'out there' is within the realm of possibility. A life amongst the stars completely dependent on machines that were once created as an aid, but end up becoming a burden.

By the end, Philetus is bouncing between images and sounds, unsure of what is real. He grasps what is going on to the point that he realizes he must make a choice; a difficult choice that I personally know I could not make. My heart ached and tears flowed when he made his decision; as a parent of 5 I cannot fathom the pain the main character goes through.

Again, it is indeed a short read, but is done so well that the reader will be left thinking: "whom do they love the most?"

"Argo is a meditative psychological drama surrounding our main character, Philetus. Philetus has fallen into an emotional crises not knowing if his experiences are a dream or a reality, whatever they are, it's a nightmare. He suffers with grief while dealing with having to make the ultimate sacrifice needed in order to bring about the recovery of humanity. A tale of machine over man.
The suspense and the depth of his character is shown as he is face with making that life or death decision. Heart wrenching in the end, the meaning of the phrase, "remember whom you love the most" will become clear. The novelette ends surprisingly leaving you wondering if you could make the choice he made. I loved it, kept me engaged till the end. It is one of those stories that will stick with you."
Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 AM   #5
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

Check out the reviews for "Argo" on Amazon.com

Check out the reviews of "Argo" on Amazon.com:

5.0 out of 5 stars A d*mn fine read, January 23, 2013
By
Xovan -
This review is from: Argo (Kindle Edition)
This book is filled with great imagery and symbolism. It is an artistic masterwork with a story that initially might have you sort of disconnected or even bored, but then it sidelines you hard with a plot twist that hooks you in good. The ending will leave you pondering and feeling like good poetry does. I really enjoyed this short story and I know you will too because the story telling is magnificent. If you need something to read for a hour this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feelings!!, January 14, 2013
By
zisobl
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
As stated at the title, what I did most when reading was feel! I had some trouble keeping myself in the plot, but in the end, it really didn't matter at all! What unexpectedly suprised me, were the emotions that run through my heart and mind while the one and a half hour reading of this story! Very good descriptions and, as always from this author, limitless imagination very well bound to the characters and their actions!

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Trippy, January 6, 2013
By
dk
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Trippy, eerie, different. Well written. Will keep you reading. It was fun to see the world be unveiled slowly, and it takes you through some twists and turns.

[Edited for length - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-02-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Tags
dystopia, free, novelette, science fiction, short story