Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
HELP green light doesn't go off

My Gen3 which has been a very well behaved device for over a year, with almost no problems, has suddenly developed an annoying habit.

When the battery indicator gets to 70% and I try to turn off the reader, it switches off but the green LED stays lit.

Or, it freezes on the library page. Reset doesn't always work. Now I know the battery hasn't had time to run down completely, so the 70% is probably fairly accurate.

A secondary question: Must I buy a new battery from Bookeen, or can I buy any brand?

Please me. If my Gen3 dies I'll be devastated.

--Jan.

Last edited by JanG; 09-02-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: missed a word, edited to insert 'always.'
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
When the battery indicator gets to 70% and I try to turn off the reader, it switches off but the green LED stays lit.
Is it everytime it reaches 70%? That's very strange.

When the green light stays lit, press the "reset" button on the back. Note it will appear to do nothing (but turn off the light), because although it switches the en3 off, the screen remains as before. After the light is off, you can turn on the unit normally with the power button.

Quote:
Reset doesn't work.
Are you sure? See above.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
What firmware version do you have ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

I have the mobi - the most recent upgrade - can't remember the number, sorry. (1.5 or 6?)

Jelby, I edited my post to say 'doesn't always work.' When it does work the light turns off, and the page remains on the screen. When I press the on switch, it goes to boot and then to library.

So far I'm coping with the problem by recharging it, but it's damn annoying. Perhaps the battery is shot and the Gen3 isn't reading the amount of charge left properly. Is that possible?

--Jan.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
JanG
Groupie

Forgot to say that it's always when it reads 70%.
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That looks a lots like the symptoms I had with my opus (when the battery was getting low, doing things like fast page turning or going to the library crashed, with diode always on) After update to 2.1, and then changing battery, problem fixed.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:10 AM   #7
JanG
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
That looks a lots like the symptoms I had with my opus (when the battery was getting low, doing things like fast page turning or going to the library crashed, with diode always on) After update to 2.1, and then changing battery, problem fixed.
So, if I need to get a new battery, do I have to buy it from Bookeen?

Is it easy to take out the battery and put a new one in? Can I do it myself or do I have to send the Gen3 back to Bookeen?

And my battery is only a little over a year old, it shouldn't be dead yet, surely?

--Jan.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard

I think it's pretty standard. So you can probably find a replacement battery somewhere else. Though ordering to bookeen will spare you the mess of having to make sure the battery is compatible. Unless you know what you're doing, i would order the battery from bookeen, even if more expensive.

Quote:
Is it easy to take out the battery and put a new one in?
Yep. That's pretty easy.