Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-08-2009, 05:53 AM   #1
barduck
barduck began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Library to read .lit files from my app?

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to ask this:

I need a library that can read .lit files and can be used from my code (python) to process the input (i.e. I don't want to pre convert it to other format first). I stumbled across Calibre and it seemed like it's what I was looking for but I am having some difficulties to make it work (or properly install the egg package for that matter).

Before I spend more time trying to make it work, is Calibre able to work in library mode that I can just call from my code and get paragraphs from a .lit file? If not, is there any other simple library that can do this?

Thanks in advance,
- barduck
barduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I suggest you reask questions about Calibre in the Calibre group. It is likely to be lost here.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 04:08 AM   #3
barduck
barduck began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I suggest you reask questions about Calibre in the Calibre group. It is likely to be lost here.

Dale
I was hoping maybe someone here is familiar with other software for this task but I will also try to ask in the Calibre forum. Thanks.
barduck is offline   Reply With Quote