Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #1
Thom*
The Fumbler
Thom* began at the beginning.

Device: android 4.2/fbreader
svg in file preview pane

Why is it that when I set the "svg Viewport" height above 96% that the height of the image will not fit in the file preview pane? I believe the default viewport height is 100%.

When I leave the viewport at default I get a vertical schrollbar in the preview pane. I would think that it would fit nicely just filling the pane as it does horizontally.

Code:
<body>
    <svg xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 100% 100%" preserveAspectRatio="xmidymid">

<image width="100%" height="100%" xlink:href="cover.jpeg"/>

</svg>

</body>
When I reduce the height of the viewport to 96%, the schrollbar goes away and the the image fits into the preview pane nicely.

Code:
<body>
    <svg xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" height="96.7%" viewBox="0 0 100% 100%" preserveAspectRatio="xmidymid">

<image width="100%" height="100%" xlink:href="cover.jpeg"/>

</svg>

</body>
Although it is a minor issue, it just leaves me puzzled.

Last edited by Thom*; 11-04-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Thom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you are adding a Cover, why not use the Add Cover tool?
It makes a proper coverpage, with all the required entries.

BTW
Page margins can apply to covers depending on links or settings.
100% of the screen area is seldom available
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2015, 08:39 PM   #3
Thom*
The Fumbler

I can find nothing in the book that would set the padding or the margins. In fact, another book specifically sets both padding and margins to 0px at the "page" level and at the "body" level (both levels). And the file preview panel still will not contain the image without a vertical scroll bar.

Since the book itself does not seem to be causing this, it must be the reader (in this case the file preview panel). I could not find a way to set the default padding and margins for the file preview panel.

But then, the file preview panel is not the final destination for the book. It is only a "preview", so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Still puzzling though.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom* View Post
I can find nothing in the book that would set the padding or the margins. In fact, another book specifically sets both padding and margins to 0px at the "page" level and at the "body" level (both levels). And the file preview panel still will not contain the image without a vertical scroll bar.

Since the book itself does not seem to be causing this, it must be the reader (in this case the file preview panel). I could not find a way to set the default padding and margins for the file preview panel.

But then, the file preview panel is not the final destination for the book. It is only a "preview", so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Still puzzling though.
You can't find the CSS?
If you WANT 0, set margin to 0. If the entry is NOT THERE, ADD IT

Viewers have defaults that are not always ZERO
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:36 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The preview panel is a web browser, webkit to be precise. Use the inspect element tool (right click on the image) then look under the metrics tab, you will likely find the containing element of the SVG image is ~5 pixels larger than the SVG element itself. I have no idea why that is, you'd have to ask the WebKit developers. Probably some hidden start/end padding for the body or html elements.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #6
Thom*
The Fumbler

Interesting. Thank you for looking into it.

Calibre is still the best.