Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #121
Lexi Revellian
Groupie
Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
REMIX price

At present, Remix is selling at the promotional price of $.99 on Amazon.com. In October, it will go up to $2.99 again - so should anyone be thinking about buying the Kindle version, now would be a good time.
Lexi Revellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:04 AM   #122
Lexi Revellian
Groupie
Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

...and encouraged by an interview I did with Eric Christopherson, whose thriller Crack-Up has sold more than 6,000 copies, I've lowered the UK Kindle price to £0.86 to see what happens...
Old 09-24-2010, 07:01 AM   #123
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

...what's happened is that Remix is now #1 in Contemporary Romance, #165 Paid in the UK Kindle Store.

Woot!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #124
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Wahoo!! Congrats! Sounds like your experiment is having positive effects!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #125
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Congratulations, Lexi!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #126
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Thanks!

You two make me feel I should get an animal avatar. That's an unfeasibly sweet kitten, Moe. I think the rabbit is trying to work out a joke.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #127
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Thanks Lexi - added to my TBR list
Quote:
Lexi, thank you.

I love short stories, great to read between books, they invariably find their way to the top of my TBR quickly.
Quote:
I've only read part of the first story & think they are not quite my genre though. Shame. But I'll check the rest anyway.
Well, I finally got round to reading the rest of the short stories and enjoyed them so I've now read Remix as well.

Even though the genre is not to my taste it is a good and entertaining story well worth the read, (as long as you can ignore the chick lit sections)

I knew that area of london quite well at one time many years ago, The Jeffrey museum, Sheperdess walk, the Old Wenlock brewery. I expect I would not recognise it now though.

BTW. Impressive trailer.

Last edited by columbus; 09-25-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Watched trailer
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #128
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Hey, thanks, columbus!

Hoxton/Shoreditch is super trendy now, and evil council Hackney is giving permission for some BIG buildings to go up. The Geoffrey Museum is lovely (had they built the smart new extension when you knew it?) and the nice terraces in Shepherdess Walk narrowly survived plans for demolition, hurrah. Why not have a look round it with Google Street View and see what it was like in 2008?

Glad you like the trailer.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #129
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Boast!

Remix has been chosen by members of the new UK site, Kindle Users Forum, as their October Book of the Month with 20% of the votes, beating Room and The Book Thief into joint second place.

They'll be reading it next month, and discussing it in November. I'm pleased and honoured by their choice, and can't wait to see what they say about it.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #130
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

I'm back after a break, and I'm afraid it's to boast and try to persuade you to buy my book.

Boast first: Remix has been in the top 100 (mostly in the top 50) of the UK Kindle Store on Amazon for 23 days. It has 13 reviews, 12 of them 5-star.

Sales pitch: so why not buy a copy? Only £0.86, or $0.99.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #131
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
She's right. Money well spent!
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #132
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

...er, make that fifteen reviews...

Tags
compelling, easy read, feel good, free, page turner