Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Perry Rhodan, Silberbände oder Hefte 1-49?

Hi!

I'd like to read into the Perry Rhodan series, so i'm looking for the best way od doing that. I can either get the booklets 1-49 (but with difficulty) or the "Silberbände" 1-10. I'm not sure whether it amounts to the same thing or if i'm going to miss things out if I read the SB version instead of the 1-49 booklets.

The beginning is exactly the same in both cases, but I'd have to do a lot of parallel reading to find out where the similarity ends...^^

Thanks.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #2
masc
Enthusiast
masc began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Hi CommanderROR,

as a continuous reader of Perry Rhodan (since 2000) I can give you some little info.

The Silberbände are revisited versions of the booklets, and yes you miss some parts: You see here which issues are included in the books. These missing parts are mostly some underplots which are not so important.
Some (Hardcore) Fans of Perry Rhodan missing the "soul" in this Silberbände, because some storyarcs are edited out or changed to fix the continuity.

The advantedge of the Books: They are, of corse, more durable then the Booklets, have a nice cover (hologram). Inside the cover you see some "Risszeichnungen".

So I would say: When you have no problems with the littlebit altered and shorted storys I would say the Silberbände are better to read ...
masc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2006, 09:22 AM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Thanks.

I found the Silberbände as ebooks and am reading now...I'm on the third volume right now...but I've taken a short PR break because the new Terry Pratchett novel just appeared...:-)
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #4
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Would like to check this out but can't find any legally (in english mobipocket.de has them in german) only on the darknet. Can anyone comment on this ebooks?

Regards
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I read a number of Perry Rhodan books back in the 70s and 80s, I believe it was.

They were harmless reads and full of ridiculous fun. I would like to see them available again, especially for my Reader, the PRS-505.

Having these ebooks available would be a great way to hook new readers on the entire series. Series books are really attractive (in my opinion). Look at all the hullabaloo over at TOR regarding their ebook series -- or I should say, look at the few that are available.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
#1 to 118 were translated into English and published by Ace books in the US. I don't believe anything (significant) has been translated since then. I've no idea whether or not they're available as legal eBooks, I'm afraid.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
Hmmm,

Most of the authors are still alive ... so I assume that free AND legal downloads are out ...

You know how this goes: I know somebody who has about 50 MB of the complete english PR with some Atlan thrown but mostly as text files and some duplicates. Not very well organized in terms of file names .... there: no forum rules violations.

Let me know by PM,
cklammer

Last edited by cklammer; 03-18-2009 at 10:33 PM.
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #8
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Whatever paper Ace used was not so good. I read up through around #102 back in the day. Mine were decaying years ago, before they got lost. Haven't seen anything (legal) myself in e-books. You can find the p-books on e-bay from time to time.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Whatever paper Ace used was not so good. I read up through around #102 back in the day. Mine were decaying years ago, before they got lost. Haven't seen anything (legal) myself in e-books. You can find the p-books on e-bay from time to time.
It is similar with the German originals. In the Germany they have the first eidtion, then in parallel the second, third, fourth, fifth and (I think - sixth) editions - all of them printed in cheap paper like a newspaper. I always had to wash my hands after reading/handling handling them.

The Silberbaende are better - good quality books those.

cklammer
Old 03-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #10
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Have a look at the official website
http://www.perry-rhodan.net/produkte/ebook/index.html
or here
http://www.readerserver.de/index.php...c3a41d0e2cc3e9

where they sell the complete series

Last edited by mazzeltjes; 03-20-2009 at 11:33 AM.
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
dwbryant2000
Enthusiast
dwbryant2000 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Gen 3, BEBOOK, ILIAD BOOK READER
Can Any of the Perry Rhodan books in digital form be found in English?
dwbryant2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #12
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Two years ago when I looked on darknet last time, Perry Rhodan volumes translated to English ended on #132. Perhaps some group of fans made the translations.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
On Darknet you can find them up to 187 or so in Dutch. And also the Gravidus and Born series. (Those are seperate stories) But downloading them would be illegal if you are not in The Netherlands.

Here it is illegal to upload them. It is not illegal to download them, but only if it is for private use.

Last edited by Ortep; 03-21-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #14
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Yes, darknet has english versions as well. I have no idea how well corrected they are.

edit -- oop, missed Krystian's response
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:02 AM   #15
cklammer
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbryant2000 View Post
Can Any of the Perry Rhodan books in digital form be found in English?
I am not going into the legality of this but if you into Peer2Peer networking with bittorrent then head over to <<LINK MODERATED>> and search for "15k". Sort the search results by size and check out the three largest search results - you will find what you want ... Or you can PM the forum user "MAZZELTJES"

I cannot link directly to these <<MODERATED>> search results since this violates the forum rules ...

cklammer

Last edited by pilotbob; 03-28-2009 at 09:43 AM.