Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
A question and hunch about Topaz file format.

Okay after hearing a little bit of this and a little bit of that about Amazon's Topaz books I'm wondering if there is any relation to Topaz books and eBooks only found in PDF format.
Folks tend to mention that Topaz books don't look as well formated as the MOBI books I'm wondering if that is because Amazon might be reflowing the PDF on their server side. Anyhow that is just a pure guess, but I wonder if sombody can look at the files I've listed below and confirm that they are indeed topaz.

Here is what I mean if you look at BoB or Diesel-Books some books are only found in PDF such as:

Jesse Livermore: World's Greatest Stock Trader (link)
How I became a Quant (link)

Amazon links
How I became a Quant(link)

Jesse Livermore: World's Greatest Stock Trader (link)

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I doubt it. The text size changing seems to work pretty flawlessly. not sure if that would be the case if they were just reflowing PDFs.

It's more that the embedded fonts just don't often render well at all.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert