Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #586
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Free Mills and Boon book Deadly Charade by Virna DePaul. This is New Idea magazine promo the Code required to get the book is MUM it is available to Aussies. It may also be available internationally I don't know if they are geo blocking it or not. The book is epub or PDF format.
Thanks for posting! Just grabbed it from the US, so no geo blocking here.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #587
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I recently completed the two Monica Murphys and they were great, though I enjoyed the first one more than the second.

I also completed Elite and didn't like it. Just like with The Bet, some of the responsibilities she assigns to the hero seem so implausible at his age, yet the book felt so juvenile at the same time. Also, it has a cliffhanger ending (things that make me go 'grrr' ) and an unresolved love triangle.
Oh, I'm glad you liked Monica Murphy's, thought you might! She's definitely on my auto-buy list now.

I read The Bet, and like you said, didn't love it [but the Grandma was a hoot and a half], and I've bought Elite but haven't read it yet based on my 3 star-ish rating of The Bet. Sounds like it's good that it's way down on my TBR list now.

I just finished Connected, hmmm, 3 stars for me. A bit too implausible for my liking and even with the cliffhanger may not grab the 2nd book when it comes out.

I hate the feeling of finishing a book and not loving it. Oh well, on to the next! Sometimes I have a very hard time deciding what to pick though!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #588
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just bought her Outlander Audible for $3.99. I don't know if you were around when it was a free book but if you own the Kindle book you can get the Audible for only $3.99! I was looking for something to buy I wanted to listen to as I needed one more book to get the $10 dollar credit so I picked this up and then saw it's 33 hours!??! OMG. I've never listened to an audiobook that long I don't think.

Tell me it's worth it.
I actually listened to all 33 hours. The narrator was very good but the story was exhausting. It got to be stressfull having the hero go through so much.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #589
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
I just bought her Outlander Audible for $3.99. I don't know if you were around when it was a free book but if you own the Kindle book you can get the Audible for only $3.99! I was looking for something to buy I wanted to listen to as I needed one more book to get the $10 dollar credit so I picked this up and then saw it's 33 hours!??! OMG. I've never listened to an audiobook that long I don't think.

Tell me it's worth it.
I agree Outlander is either a book you love or hate. I've only read the first one, but wasn't a fan. There were too many historical inaccuracies for me and I didn't like the main characters. I have heard good things about the narrator (in that many fans of the books say she does a really good job).

I am finally reading the Shannon Curtis MacCormack Security Agency series from Carina. Started Viper's Kiss.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:47 AM   #590
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I agree Outlander is either a book you love or hate. I've only read the first one, but wasn't a fan. There were too many historical inaccuracies for me and I didn't like the main characters. I have heard good things about the narrator (in that many fans of the books say she does a really good job).

I am finally reading the Shannon Curtis MacCormack Security Agency series from Carina. Started Viper's Kiss.
Awesome! One of my favorite series. Imagine my surprise to find out the author is in Australia not the USA. Only two books so far but I loved them both. I have the Audibles too. Lauren Fortgang is the narrator and does a great job as always. She one of my favorites.

I figure for $4 for 33 hour audiobook It's worth the chance to see if I like it. If not I will get my $4 dollar back.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 01:57 AM   #591
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On Sale @ Amazon $0.99

My Favorite Bride by Christina Dodd
(The Governess Brides 06)
Genre: Victorian Romance
HarperCollins (2009)

Quote:
When Miss Samantha Prendregast arrives at Devil's Fell to take charge of six rebellious girls, the vibrant, outspoken governess is not quite prepared to deal with the tall, dark and dashing master of the grand estate. The children she can manage with intelligence, guile...and a little bribery. Their widowed father, Colonel William Gregory, is not so easily charmed-and far too easy to fall in love with, which she dares not do.

William always cherished the orderliness of his life, until this captivating troublemaker began flouting his authority and distracting him with her witty defiance and breathtaking beauty. Despite the fact that they clash at every meeting, William finds himself inexplicably drawn to Samantha's fire. And now he's even contemplating marriage, which would be sweet madness indeed.

But before he can successfully woo her, William must discover what it is that Samantha is hiding from him. But the secret the lady is preciously guarding is far too shocking and dangerous to ever reveal...
Old 04-29-2013, 02:12 AM   #592
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
I'm still waiting on someone to loan me REAL. I don't want to pay full price for it.
I just checked - lending not enabled.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:33 AM   #593
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I just checked - lending not enabled.
It just change this morning. I checked before I asked again on the Amazon Romance forum yesterday and it was enabled. I was on Lendle yesterday and now the page has been removed. Well poopers...

Edit! Oh YES I just check my email and someone loaned it to me! Woohoo I beat the deadline!

Last edited by Blossom; 04-29-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #594
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
If you are looking for a great romance that is laugh-out loud funny, yet still intense, you have got to try Jennifer Crusie. Start with Bet Me, which is most people's favorite of hers. I just did a reread, and it was just as good the second time around.

Another author that I find to be laugh out loud funny is Jill Shalvis.
I will definitely look into Bet Me!

I've read a few by Shalvis, recently finished the first in the Lucky Harbor series with two more to go. Didn't love the first one, but that was more about the main character than her writing.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #595
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I remember really enjoying The Outlander, but I think I only made it through three books before losing interest in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Just like with The Bet, some of the responsibilities she assigns to the hero seem so implausible at his age, yet the book felt so juvenile at the same time. Also, it has a cliffhanger ending (things that make me go 'grrr' ) and an unresolved love triangle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I just finished Connected, hmmm, 3 stars for me. A bit too implausible for my liking and even with the cliffhanger may not grab the 2nd book when it comes out.
What is with the cliffhangers?! These two were both high on my TBR list, but knowing they have cliffhangers they'll be moving down. I totally didn't realise they were both first in a series... Seems to be a very big trend in NA.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #596
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I actually listened to all 33 hours. The narrator was very good but the story was exhausting. It got to be stressfull having the hero go through so much.
There are parts of Jamie's story I tend to skip on a reread. One only has to read certain bits once, IMO.

Quote:
I have heard good things about the narrator (in that many fans of the books say she does a really good job).
Davina Porter is a wonderful reader, does a great job with the various accents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
I will definitely look into Bet Me!

I've read a few by Shalvis, recently finished the first in the Lucky Harbor series with two more to go. Didn't love the first one, but that was more about the main character than her writing.
Crusie and Shalvis used to be autobuys for me, but lately have been a little meh for me. I am a contemporary romance fan primarily, particularly the humorous ones.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #597
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
For those looking for humorous contemporaries, have you tried Shannon Stacey's Kowalski series?
  1. Exclusively Yours
  2. Undeniably Yours
  3. Yours to Keep
  4. All He Ever Needed
  5. All He Ever Desired
  6. All He Ever Dreamed
I find parts laugh out loud funny. She writes great family dynamics.

I also love early Jayne Ann Krentz single titles like Trust Me and Absolutely, Positively.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #598
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
For those looking for humorous contemporaries, have you tried Shannon Stacey's Kowalski series?[LIST=1]
Funny is hard to find in contemporaries and we all have such different tastes in humor.

I liked the Kowalski series also. It has really good banter between the characters. Looking through my list I would say that other authors that do banter really well are Julie James and Ruthie Knox. Victoria Dahl's first contemporary book, Talk Me Down was hilarious and hot. The other two books in the series were also good, but not as funny.

Many readers find Kristan Higgins to be very funny. I find her books to be more chick-lit than romance and didn't like the heroines in the two that I tried, but she's very popular.

Tara Sivec is a self-pubbed author that also gets recommended for funny. I didn't connect with her style, but people love her. The humor is non-stop, but very juvenile (her books are New Adult). I'd recommend sampling first, as you'll get a very good idea of her style from the sample. Also Alice Clayton's Redhead series - again, it wasn't my cup of tea, but she's recommended a lot for humorous romance. Her newest is called Wallbanger and it sounds great, but since I didn't like The Unidentified Redhead, I'm leery of trying her again unless it goes on sale.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #599
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
Found today: Claudy Conn's Lady Bess
I can't get the link to work so search for the title here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
More freebies at ARe from the same author...
Prince Prelude Legend
Aaibhe Shee Queen
Shadowlove Stalkers
Prince in the Mist
Runaway Heart
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #600
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

Unwilling Wife US DE by Renee Roszel (orig. Mills & Boon Temptation 1992).

Quote:
Their war of wills was on!

Gina had been young, in awe of the older man who swept her off her feet, lifting her into a bright world of new experiences. But after ten years of marriage, she found herself fearful of totally disappearing, becoming nothing more than an extension of her husband, her every opinion, every idea, dismissed—all, of course, for her own good. Panic-stricken, Gina ran three thousand miles away, determined to become a whole, fully functional human being in her own right.

David would have none of it, as resolute to win her back as she was to shed his controlling influence. What a shame their sex life held explosive passions so thrilling Gina feared his soft seductions might weaken her resolve. David counted on it.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote