Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
NYCMan
NYCMan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple W/Glow
Calibre will not open

Brand new Nook Simple with glow light. Calibre 0.9.23. Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

'The application calibre quit unexpectedly.' Same message upon relaunch, rest and relaunch, and upon restarting computer.

Tried older version and it wasn't recognizing my device. Deleted both, restarted, tried again, no luck. Put my head in the sand. Returned, found this forum, posting now.

Help?
NYCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMan View Post
Brand new Nook Simple with glow light. Calibre 0.9.23. Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

'The application calibre quit unexpectedly.' Same message upon relaunch, rest and relaunch, and upon restarting computer.

Tried older version and it wasn't recognizing my device. Deleted both, restarted, tried again, no luck. Put my head in the sand. Returned, found this forum, posting now.

Help?
Don't know OSX names to versions
is this you problem? calibre works on OS X Leopard and higher.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
NYCMan

Calibre 0.9.23 worked fine for one session - converted a few .mobi files to .epub files, sent them to Nook, all ok. Closed it up. Tried to open again few hours later and got aforementioned 'unexpectedly quit' messages. So I deleted file and downloaded calibre 0.7.28, which was not recognizing my device.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to post the Apple crash report when calibre quits unexpectedly.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
NYCMan

Last edited by NYCMan; 03-21-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: wrap huge paste in spoiler
Advert
Old 03-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That crash is happening in Apple's font rendering library. Probably because of some corrupted font on your system. You'll have to track down and remove the offending font.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #7
NYCMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That crash is happening in Apple's font rendering library. Probably because of some corrupted font on your system. You'll have to track down and remove the offending font.
Appreciate the attention. Alas, wouldn't have any idea how to do that. As previously stated, it worked fine at first, then started (and continued) crashing less than two hours later. Thanks again.