Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
patrisha w
patrisha w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Post Introduction

Hi, everyone.
I am a retired teacher living now in Vermont. Since I AM retired, I have lots of time to read. These days I read on a Kindle. At the moment, it is a Kindle 1. In 8 days it will be a Kindle 2.
My kindle one is going to my partner who gave it to me last May for a birthday present. He is a bit ambivalent about it so if he doesn't find he needs it, it will be offered to one of my many young relatives who are all champing at the bit, jumping up and down and saying, "Pick me! Pick me!"

Patricia
patrisha w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Welcome from another Kindlite.

You must not have been retired long if you still have time to read a lot. The longer that I'm retired, the less time I seem to have. Still can't figure out why. Let us all know how you like your new K2.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome to MR, Patricia. And welcome to retirement. You can make it whatever you want. I work (around the house mostly) until I get too hot or just want a break, then I read until I get some more gumption. I'm reading much more than before retiring.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Patricia and welcome to the Forum. 'Ambivalent' about an eBook reader? Can't you take pills for that?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrisha w View Post
Hi, everyone.
I am a retired teacher living now in Vermont. Since I AM retired, I have lots of time to read. These days I read on a Kindle. At the moment, it is a Kindle 1. In 8 days it will be a Kindle 2.
My kindle one is going to my partner who gave it to me last May for a birthday present. He is a bit ambivalent about it so if he doesn't find he needs it, it will be offered to one of my many young relatives who are all champing at the bit, jumping up and down and saying, "Pick me! Pick me!"

Patricia
Welcome to MobileRead, Patricia. I just loaned my 'back-up' Kindle1 to a friend who is also ambivalent about e-book readers. He's a reading fiend, who just can't understand why anyone would want to read on one, when there are perfectly good paper books available.

Listing the reasons didn't help.

There are 13 pages of books on it, including a couple of stories he hasn't read by his favorite author, and my goodnes, the way his eyes lit up........enjoy the forums, and the free books uploaded here.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote