Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #61
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
All my eggs have now hatched, but the hatchlings haven't all grown yet, so I think I still can't get any more eggs.

I'm still getting mostly girls. Maybe that's a "feature" of the game.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #62
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You can get more eggs.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:37 PM   #63
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I click on an egg, I get "You decide the four hatchlings you have are enough work to take care of already, so you decide not to take the egg." Or something to that effect. I need to wait until at least one of my hatchlings matures. (Unless I want to abandon one, which, given my history with Chinese adoption, doesn't seem too likely. )
Old 01-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #64
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's weird. I have 3 Hatchlings and 4 eggs. Yesterday I had 4 Hatchlings and 3 eggs.

Do you have 7 hatchlings?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #65
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
What happens when your dragon matures? Do you have to take care of them for their entire lives or do they get released into the wild?

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #66
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I guess one of my eggs died. I have no idea what I might of done, or not done. But, the poor ickle fing is dead.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #67
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I guess one of my eggs died. I have no idea what I might of done, or not done. But, the poor ickle fing is dead.
Probably soft egg disease. The primary cause is too many views. This is why my eggs and hatchlings are hidden.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #68
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

You can have up to 4 hatchlings, and up to 4 eggs, but if you have 4 hatchlings the system seems to not let you get any more eggs.

My new winter dragon also has turned out to be male. That's rather interesting (and convenient-- hopefully he and Mei Bai Yi will be interested in one another....)

BookishDreamer, once they've turned into adults, you don't need to do anything further with them for them to live. You can release them into the wild, but they lose their names if you do. Or you can see if they're interested in breeding with one another, in which case you might get more eggs.

Apparently if the adults don't get any views at all for 8 weeks, they lose their names, though.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #69
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Xiao Teng Man and Pa Xiu Cao are pleased to announce the arrival of their eggs, and . As they were only able to keep one, this one is currently available for adoption:

Also, Xiao Bai Yi and Qiang Bai Xue have had a second egg: This one is more likely to resemble dad.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #70
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Some interesting "dragons"

Go look:
http://dragcave.net/viewdragon/HsGi
http://dragcave.net/viewdragon/jNzv
http://dragcave.net/viewdragon/sMPr
http://dragcave.net/viewdragon/S6GL
Old 02-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #71
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Yeah... I'd really like a paper dragon, but they don't breed, so I think you can only get them in the main cave, and I don't have time to hang around there clicking like mad, hoping to pick up a "rare" egg.

The dinos and chicken are kind of funny, aren't they? I don't think they breed, either.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #72
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Xiao Bai Yi and Qiang Bai Xue have had another egg. Probably going to grow up to look like Mom.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #73
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

They're having server trouble over at the Dragon Cave. Can you see my dragons?

Nevermind.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #74
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
They're having server trouble over at the Dragon Cave. Can you see my dragons?

I can, if your dragons are all red Xs.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #75
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I think a new type of egg came out today. Seems to be slowing things down greatly. The only reason I think this is that I saw one in a sig line elsewhere.

Edit: confirmed: two new types of eggs came out yesterday. The site is pretty swamped. I don't know if these will be "limited editions" or if they'll still be available after the furor dies down, but I don't have time to sit there clicking all day, so either I'll get one later or I won't.