Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Book cover design software

Has anyone tried any book cover design software like BookCoverPro http://www.bookcoverpro.com/

Thoughts?
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I just use Photoshop.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
I use GIMP here, but close enough.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I just took a quick look through their website. The first thing that amused me was the paucity of book covers actually visible on the main page. I did eventually find a gallery of templates - both photoshop and for the software itself. I guess templates would make production of print book covers easier - I don't know how that is usually managed for print-on-demand books - but I saw nothing there that would make the software appealing for ebook covers (or not at that price anyway).
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I just use Photoshop.
The drinks are on him.

If you can't do it in GIMP, you probably can't do it by yourself.

http://selfpubauthors.com/2010/03/08...cover-in-gimp/

http://www.liannesimon.com/2012/03/0...ver-with-gimp/

Having said that, I just found THIS site:

http://www.myecovermaker.com/ecover-design

Interesting. Also this but haven't looked as hard at it.

http://www.ecovercreatortool.com/creator/index.php

Last edited by dadioflex; 06-14-2012 at 11:23 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
The drinks are on him.
I'd much rather them be in a cup actually.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #7
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I'd much rather them be in a cup actually.
The drinks I had in mind are only taken in a cup if it's before noon and you have a sense of shame.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
Iva
Iva ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iva ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iva ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iva ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iva ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iva ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iva ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iva ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iva ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iva ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iva ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Has anyone tried any book cover design software like BookCoverPro http://www.bookcoverpro.com/

Thoughts?
Don't buy BookCoverPro! There is no tech-support and your problems will be totally ignored. The worst 200 dollars I ever spent.
Iva is offline   Reply With Quote