Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
Filark
Edge User

New Forum Created for EE and PE Community :)

EdgeHacker posted on MobileRead that he/she has set up a new forum at http://bedgehackersforum.runboard.com/ or http://tinyurl.com/edgehackers

Here is their post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134402

Everyone's invited!

Fine print: This notice is FYI. I do not endorse the website or the views expressed by its administrator. However, it is a valid forum anyone can join, with questions and answers pertaining to EE and PE usership.

Last edited by Filark; 05-27-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: added the fine print.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
Kewlcat
Edge User

Thats awesome...a shelter for the soon-to-be-homeless ...(well not really, we have MobileRead, but still a dedicated forum is nice)

Old 05-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
sarah11918
Edge User

And here I was looking forward to having only 1 forum to check....

Old 05-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
emusan
Edge User

yeah, I've seen communities die off completely due to being spread out over too many forums, I think between this, mobileread, and xda we already have too much, another one is just pointless. I'm in the process of trying to back up these forums, and if I can in time I'll also try and get them hosted somewhere more permanent...

Old 05-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
Filark
Edge User

I knew somebody else (besides Edge Hacker) was trying to backup these forums! Thank you!

Unfortunately, I agree about too many forums. It gets to be work, when checking in should be a pleasure -- unless, of course, you have an urgent question, in which case you hope the right people are checking in to answer you. Which they will do as long as it's fun. Then, after that, as long as they feel a responsibility to check in. Then: I'm sorry, moved on with my life.

I was at MobileRead before I ever heard of the eDGe. I'm pretty sure that's where I first discovered it. Haven't been to xda -- probably "should" take a look, but I'm out of time.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
emusan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
I was at MobileRead before I ever heard of the eDGe. I'm pretty sure that's where I first discovered it. Haven't been to xda -- probably "should" take a look, but I'm out of time.
I was at mobile read before as well, and I check it semi-regularly as-is, and there isn't much need to visit the xda thread if you don't own another rooted "official" android device, at least until someone releases their back-ups.

And thats my main problem with the new board, people will start asking questions there and they wont get the answers they need because we are all still here. I'm fine with starting a new, dedicated one if and when this one is shut down, but until then I see no reason.

Also, once I'm done downloading the forums, I'll offer them up as a download from my site(though that might be awhile...)

Old 05-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
sarah11918
Edge User

I subscribe to both this and the edge mobile read forum via RSS, so at least I get notification of every new thread. Some forums have an RSS feed to every single post, which would be really nice. But as long as there are new threads being posted, I kind of get a reminder to go check and see which older threads have been updated.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
emusan
Edge User

Well, I just got banned from that forum, twice. I'll let you decide if you want to visit there, just know that the admin "Edgehacker" will ban you if you decide you don't like him advertising his forum as the "new" forum, or for that matter if you acknowledge that other boards exist for chatting about the edge. IMHO he is trying to isolate every new person that visits there(the second time I got banned was for mentioning the xda thread).

If any one wants to defend my viewpoint that people should be able to visit other boards please do(I'm not asking you to defend the other things I said, I realize I may be the only one that feels that strongly about that).

Last edited by emusan; 05-26-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
Glow
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
Well, I just got banned from here, twice.
There is actually someone official monitoring this forum who banned you?? If so, that is fascinating.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
emusan
Edge User

lol oops wording fail, I meant the forum posted by filark, the "edge hacking forum", in which no hacking gets done lol.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
sarah11918
Edge User

Dude is whack. I won't be going back there. Stick to mobile read.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #12
Leslie
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Dude is whack. I won't be going back there. Stick to mobile read.
"Whack" is entirely too light of a word to use in this instance...

Old 05-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #13
sarah11918
Edge User

I was banned.

That forum might have more banned members than non-banned members right now.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #14
pewterbot9
Edge User

Don't you folks have anything better to do than bash a new board that wants to provide a continued Entourage community, once these forums shut down? I've checked out EdgeHacker's board, and he's only banned emusan, for his rather nasty remarks. I don't see why anyone who behaves like a byatch on his board, shouldn't be banned! Emusan has done nothing but bad mouth that board since his first post. If you refuse to admit that, then I have to say your own motives are highly questionable regarding what you think about "community"...and I'd be more than happy to not see you there at Edge Hackers Forums. Sarah, it's obvious you were banned, simply because you perpetuate emusan's destructive behavior. And you really can't blame EdgeHacker for your own unruly remarks, now can you?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #15
pewterbot9
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
"Whack" is entirely too light of a word to use in this instance...
Have you looked in the mirror lately, Leslie? I suggest you do. You were simply parroting emusan's insulting and destructive remarks that have no justification in reality. You deserve to be banned!