Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #16
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Last year I saw a lot of reports about eBook readers. This year, I haven't seen anything other than Nate's blog. I guess eBook readers are considered old news.

Nearly everything I have seen about CES this year has been about tablets.
I think the whole iPad kerfuffle has scared away any company planning to do something that Apple hasn't already done.
Sad, sad, sad ...
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #17
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Last year I saw a lot of reports about eBook readers. This year, I haven't seen anything other than Nate's blog. I guess eBook readers are considered old news.

Nearly everything I have seen about CES this year has been about tablets.
Tablets are the new big thing. What'll it be next year?
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #18
roc
Enthusiast
roc is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Streak 5, Archos 80, Sony 950, Linux/X86 droid, OLPC XO, cbgs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
what? what is the quote from? not Nate's Mirasol post.
No, not the Mirasol - relax. When I clicked/responded that was in reference to the Velocity Micro press release.

I guess Nate's blog is moving along at a fast clip
roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #19
kuliand
Connoisseur
kuliand doesn't litterkuliand doesn't litter

Device: sony prs505
So where is all the e reader news?

i expected to see mirasol there in phones due for release this year and maybe some info on the 5.7'' screen but i haven't seen anything other than that pr video with a CG mirasol screen. And are E-ink there with anything new to show?
kuliand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #20
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Driving home from work I heard an NPR report which talked about all the various e-readers that were suppose to ahve been released last year but where not. They did discuss the success of the Kindle, Nook, and IPad. No mention of the Kobo.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #21
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Driving home from work I heard an NPR report which talked about all the various e-readers that were suppose to ahve been released last year but where not. They did discuss the success of the Kindle, Nook, and IPad. No mention of the Kobo.
Yup, to repeat what I said in my previous post, iPad scared them away ...
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote