Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
jedix
jedix began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, Kobo H2O v1
Dictionary: what version? can it be in firmware?

Hey,

I'm a new owner and want to get the dictionary working on my device. Is there a standard version? I noticed the sticky thread has two versions (and one rewrite). What one should I be using?

Can I get the dictionary to work from the device itself instead of using the SD card? I want to use the SD card for storage of books.. don't want to be pulling it in and out. I'd like to be able to hold 9 down instead of the patch for 0 (which I haven't had luck with anyways) so that I don't lose the function of holding 0 down.

I guess the best way would be to add it directly to the firmware.. Is there a way to do this?
jedix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedix View Post
I'd like to be able to hold 9 down instead of the patch for 0
Yes do this by modifying the autorun.js file.
Search for the text 'doHold0' to 'doHold9'.

Then reinstall the autorun.js file

Quote:
... so that I don't lose the function of holding 0 down.
What feature does this provide?
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
jedix

what version is the autorun.js with the key hold for? yours or the rewrite of the original? I couldn't get it to work with the 0.7 rewrite version.. it kept rebooting the reader

The doHold0 skips to the end of the document, I think.. it did something. Yesterday was the first day I got to play with the device, so I may be wrong. I'll check when I get home.

Last edited by jedix; 12-02-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My apology, yes modify the 'patched' autorun.js I posted.

The patch specifically adds the hold button feature.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
jedix

So I downloaded 0.7b (DictioLaunch07b_prs505.zip) off the first page, your autorun.js from the last page and overwrote the autorun.js.. it still runs as soon as I insert the card.

What have I done wrong?

Last edited by jedix; 12-02-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Advert
Old 12-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
So I downloaded 0.7b (DictioLaunch07b_prs505.zip) off the first page, your autorun.js from the last page and overwrote the autorun.js.. it still runs as soon as I insert the card.

What have I done wrong?
That is the correct behavior. The only thing my hack does is allows you to launch the dictionary from a button. To reduce the amount of insert/re-insert of the SD card.

Once you're reading a "book" you can press and hold the "0" (in your case "9") button and it should launch the dictionary.
=X=
Old 12-04-2008, 03:17 PM   #7
jedix

Oh, okay.

How do I exit the dictionary without removing the card?
Currently the typing in the dictionary stopped working on me, is this a known bug?
Can we add the dictionary to the image directly and bind to the key without an autorun?

By the way: all numbers have a hold function, 1 = start of book, 0 = end of book, 2 = 20% through book, 3 = 30% through book, etc
Old 12-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Oh, okay.

How do I exit the dictionary without removing the card?
Hit the menu button.

Quote:
By the way: all numbers have a hold function, 1 = start of book, 0 = end of book, 2 = 20% through book, 3 = 30% through book, etc
Thanks

=X=

Tags
dictionary