Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Question Suggestions for making MobileRead more touchscreen friendly.

With the plethora of new tablet devices out there, MobileRead is being visited by a lot more members and visitors using touchscreens. I for one, am using my tablet about a third of the time that I'm online.

I'm aware of the mobile version of MobileRead, but it's not as attractive as the main site for larger touchscreen tablets.

Some sites are easier to navigate than others, usually because the ease of navigation aids are a bit/lot larger. Some of the navigation icons that I use most at MobileRead are nigh impossible to tap on the first, or subsequent, try(s) so I would like to suggest the following changes, if they wouldn't be too difficult to implement:
  1. In threads with multiple pages, changing the next page icon from > to something like Next ». (Increasing the size of all the page positioning numbers and symbols would be nice.)
  2. Increasing the size (width, height or both) of the "Go to first new post" icon .

These are just a few suggestions, but if there are any further suggestions from other members I would be happy to add them to this list.

I realize how busy you are, Alex, keeping the "MobileRead Week in Review" up-to-date, and all of your other MobileRead and non-MobileRead activities but I would appreciate it if you could take a look at making the site more touchscreen friendly.

Thanks.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Or make a style that makes the site more touchscreen friendly.

Mostly, I agree with you, though! I always zoom in when I need to page
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
touchscreen friendly