Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
axlrod
axlrod began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
CLI Metdata Change on Import

I have several different media types coming from multiple sources who won't have access to the Calibre GUI so I want to set up some drop folders where the file names will be parsed and metdata added to the files as they go in to Calibre.

The issue is that I have 4-5 different sources and the file name structure will not be the same for them so I need each one parsed differently. Using the "calibre" cli command seems to just import them with whatever the regular expression is in the gui. Is it possible to import them with a template called that will extract and set the metadata regular expression on a per import basis?

e.g.

/Calibreimport1/ takes files that are <date> <author> <title> <comment>.<format> or "12/22/20006 Smith,Mike MasterLetters.epub"

/Calibreimport2/ takes files that are <author> <title> <date> <comment>.<format> or "Smith,Mike MasterLetters 12/22/20006.epub"

And files could be arriving simultaneously in to each directory processing each one as they come in.
axlrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
You could add the files, parse the filename for metadata, create an opf file filled with the parsed metadata and finally set metadata. It's not the easiest option, but it should work.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert