Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
melitabel
Enthusiast
melitabel began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Downloading Amazon Appstore

OK - I went to the Appstore using the EE browser and gave it my email address. I followed the directions up to the point where it said to open notifications (where are notification?).

So I went to my email inbox and clicked on the link there instead. On the screen flashed "starting download" but - then what? I have no idea whether the download finished, orwhere I find it to install it.

Frustrated . . .

Oh yeah, and every time I leave this on for a while without using it, it freezes and I have to remove the battery in order to restart it. Is this normal?
melitabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Melitabel!

Notifications are on a pulldown screen from the top of your EE (same for PE), LCD side. Hold your finger or stylus on the top white bar for a second. You will see a rectangle of light-colored dots in the center. Pull the rectangle down with your finger or stylus.

It's kind of like a window shade. You will see your notifications, if you have any, listed there. You can tap on the notice to download or activate it, or tap on the "clear" button to cancel the notice. You can drag the window up to close it if you need to.

It is not normal for your EE to freeze like that, but you might be experiencing the hibernation bug that some people have. There's another thread discussing that issue here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141537.

Last edited by Filark; 07-29-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by melitabel View Post
Oh yeah, and every time I leave this on for a while without using it, it freezes and I have to remove the battery in order to restart it. Is this normal?
If you leave it for a longish time - beyond the normal LCD screen blank - the EE will go into hibernation. There is a bug in Ermine for the EE that causes it to lock up when hibernating. So far there is no documented fix for this but if you look in the forum there is a thread about ways people have tried as workarounds.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote