Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
JrBashi
JrBashi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Validation error new with Calibre 0.7.6

Hi,

Ever since updating to Calibre 0.7.6 I have been getting this error when I use epubcheck to validate my ebooks:

ERROR: Bookname.epub/toc.ncx(2): bad value for attribute "lang" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"

it seems that previous ebooks I have converted have this in the tox.ncx file:

<ncx xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx/" version="2005-1" xml:lang="UND">

but now they have this:

<ncx xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx/" version="2005-1" xml:lang="en_GB">

Which causes validation problems..Can someone please shed some light on this issue?

Also, another slightly unrelated questions - why is there no ISBN metadata field when converting books in Calibre? Why can they only be added after?

Cheers,
James
JrBashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrBashi View Post
Also, another slightly unrelated questions - why is there no ISBN metadata field when converting books in Calibre? Why can they only be added after?
I insert the ISBN in the metadata field prior to converting my book. After I convert the book I use Sigil to open the ePub and look at the metadata and the ISBN is always correct.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Change the underscore in en_GB to a hyphen
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
JrBashi

I mean on this window (see attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	noISBNfield.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	54250  
Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
JrBashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Change the underscore in en_GB to a hyphen
Is there any way of changing this in the source files so it applies it to all my books that I create automatically?
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is there any way of changing this in the source files so it applies it to all my books that I create automatically?
Its already been fixed for the next release.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
JrBashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Its already been fixed for the next release.
Awesome, Thanks heaps
Old 06-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
I mean on this window (see attached)
Because it's not something most people need to set at convert time.